Mar 2, 2013

Mr. Summers = the best

I am dedicating this post to talking about how wonderful and amazing my husband is.  I've mentioned in just about every post that work has been nuts and I've been super busy.  Its a good day at work if I can make it home before 6. I try really hard to get home by 5:15 on days that he is off work but sometimes its not possible. We aren't use to me being the one with the crazy schedule.  From August 2010 until May 2012, Danny was the one that worked like his life depended on it. Don't get me wrong, I worked a lot too and had a lot to juggle with school and running my dad's companies, but I was generally home everyday by 4:30. During this time Danny was balancing paramedic school which required crazy clinical hours. This led to him doing a lot of sleeping and not a lot of housework. I did all of the laundry, which his needed done multiple times a week because of nasty patient germs, all of the cleaning and all of the cooking.  He's always been responsible for outside chores, like mowing. Fast forward to present day, and the roles have totally reversed. 

This amazing man that I married has been doing all of the cleaning for the past few weeks. I ran the sweeper and dusted a couple of weeks ago, and thats pretty much it. I still do all of the laundry and most of the cooking.  I'm a little better at making dinners in a healthier way and since we're both on the lose weight train, I handle it.

On two separate occasions this week, he made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I came home after a stressful day at the office on Wednesday and the living room was neat and tidy, the dining room/office area had been swept and mopped and the kitchen was spotless, smelled heavenly and dishes were done and put away.  Oh wait, it gets better. I got stuff out to make taco salads for dinner and he just took over. I just stood in the kitchen and watched as I relished in how fortunate that I am. So that was Wednesday. Yesterday, I had a GREAT day at work. Things are starting to turn around and I'm finding my groove. I had a great meeting with a potential customer. My husband is always great at letting me know how proud he is of me, and sometimes he does a great way of showing it too.
 
 
A clean house, dinner and beautiful flowers, all in one week.  It really is the little things in life that matter. 

Alright, I'm done bragging out my husband now. He might read this and think he's off the hook for a while and we don't want that happening :) Time for me to indulge in hours of recorded tv and see if I can make some shit happen on this blog to make it look more legit without screwing it up.  I can't wait until the day I have enough readers to justify a blog design by Hubby Jack !

No comments:

Post a Comment