Mar 20, 2013

Bandwagons

I've only jumped on a hand full of bandwagons in my life and I'm pretty proud of it. Twilight is probably the one I am most proud of. I have not and don't plan on reading a single book and I am still undecided on my plans for the movies. If I watch the movies, I'll probably have to watch them all in one day. Twilight brings me to another bandwagon, the whole vampire thing as a whole. I really don't get it at all. General Hospital (go ahead and judge me) did a vampire story over the last couple of weeks and I definitely fast forwarded through some of the scenes. Another bandwagon I don't get. The Walking Dead. My husband LOVES it though! Thankfully he watches it when I'm at work or in our room or living room depending on which one I'm in. Now, I jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon as soon as it came flying by and don't ever plan on looking back

Since I discovered this wonderful blogging world, I think I've hopped on more bandwagons in the last 6 months than I have in my entire life. The difference between these blogging bandwagons and those other ones? They've had a positive impact on my life.

1. 30 Day Shred - I know like one person in real life that has done this. I couldn't tell you if she finished it, saw results or even did it more than one day. Without hearing any feedback, I had no idea what this Shred thing was. Then I saw that a few of the bloggers that I stalked followed had done it, saw success, and had great things to say about it. I recently got bored with Zumba, temporarily I'm sure, and the Shred seemed like a good way to mix it up. I have hopped on the Shred Bandwagon.

2. Luna Bars - I forget what blog I saw them on first, but I know I saw them on Mama Laughlin's and Elle Noel's at some point in time. I saw them at CVS one day and picked a couple up. They weren't bad, but not great. Target had about 6 more flavors, including White Chocolate Macademia. That happens to be my second favorite cookie (1st is snickerdoodle in case someone wants to send me some, just fyi ;) ) THEN I found the absolute motherload of Luna bars at a supermarket about 15 minutes away and have countless other flavors that I love. If I know I'm going to have a calorie heavy lunch, I'll have a Luna bar and coffee for breakfast. I have hopped on the Luna Bar Bandwagon and have no intentions of getting off of it. Danny LOVES them too.

3. Fashion - My most favorite fashion bandwagon would have to be Kiki La Rue and I want it all! Not even kidding. Also, seeing everyone's OOTD gives me clothing inspiration. My wardrobe mainly consists of jeans and solid t's. My customers are farmers and they don't wanna see "frilly shit" on their insurance agent. I've become inspired for my weekend wear and the weeks that I don't have to actually see my customers. Stepping out of my comfort zone is due in part to losing weight, but losing weight has come at the help of reading blogs.

4. Spaghetti Squash - When people were doing the cleanse this shit was EVERYWHERE! I wanted to try it prior to it being plastered in every blog post and Instagram picture but just never picked one up at the grocery. I like to test things out on myself and not throw it on a plate for Danny not knowing what could possibly happen. Spaghetti squash was one of those things. Since he had a MWF rotation this time, this week was the perfect time to get one. I tried it tonight and freaking LOVED IT! Going in I wasn't sure what I wanted to mix it with, other than some ground beef that Danny cooked to eat on this week. I didn't want to open a whole can of spaghetti sauce for just me so normal spaghetti was out. I made the decision to add in a Laughing Cow cheese wedge (Chipotle Fresco) and 1/4 of a green pepper along with the ground beef. After eating it, I really think the possibilities are endless for this miracle vegetable.


The next bandwagon I plan on jumping on? Running. I really don't know how this one it going to play out, but we'll see. With all those fun themed races and the fact that everyone keeps saying its a fat blaster, its worth a shot.

1 comment:

  1. With bistroMD you will know that not only will you get delicious entrees, but that every entree and each in bistroMD's weight loss programs will be balanced to bistroMD's custom nutritional platform that helps promote an healthy diet.

    STEP 1 - Choose one of the weight loss plans for 5 or 7 days of meals.
    STEP 2 - Overview your menu before ordering and select the meals you prefer for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your weight loss plan online.
    STEP 4 - Your meals are delivered to your doorstep.

    GET STARTED NOW - delivered to your home.

    ReplyDelete