Mar 9, 2013

Coasting

I guess that link up and my new followers got the blog-juices flowing. Those do exist right? Yeah they do. Anyways, welcome new followers :) I'm glad I could trick you into following my crazy life!

Last night Danny and I went to eat at one of the hand full of restaurants in our town, The Curve. I may have talked about it a month ago when I was recapping my brother's birthday. I went there with every intention of getting fish. Yes, it was fried but it was probably better than the burger that I ended up ordering that I washed down with a Coors Light. While I was thinking about how I was going to enter those calories into LoseIt and how many I was going to be over, I came to a realization. I am not going to beat myself up over a bad meal once a week. Granted, I did binge on Tuesday night with the almost full bottle of SkinnyGirl and the pizza, but that was a special occasion. The realization came with the thought that I'm not in a big hurry to lose a bunch of weight, right at this moment. Yes, it is important to me but I am SO much happier with my body than I was just 6 months ago. The weight is coming off slow and thats alright. I've been putting very little effort into this and it IS going to be a slow process.

There is the monetary motivation from Erin's DietBet, and I am already down 2 pounds. I did very well eating this week. Yes, very well is still used to describe a week with 2 bad meals. I could be doing worse. Next Friday is the end of my crazy work schedule and I can commit to this journey. I can lose the last 4 pounds by the end of the bet. So for the next week, I will continue to coast along at the current pace. After I take a break next Saturday and indulge in some St. Patty's Day fun at the Curve, its back at it on Sunday.

The other day I came up with a breakfast idea that I wanted to share. I woke up with a craving for something sweet, chocolate to be more specific. While in the shower thinking about a good way to go about this craving, I came up with the plan to make Hot Chocolate Oatmeal.

 

200 calories for a sweet breakfast treat? I'll take it! I used Swiss Miss Sugar Free mix and I HAD to add marshmallows because whats hot chocolate without marshmallows? Not hot chocolate thats what!

Alright, I am off to meet my mama for lunch, house hunting for her, and maybe some light shopping? I see Target in my near future. See yens!

2 comments:

  1. That breakfast looks delish!! Just started following! love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness that recipe looks amazing and oh so easy! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete