Mar 27, 2013

Shred Adjustment

Second post of the day! Look at me blog. To those of you who hopped over earlier today for the Other Half Link-Up, thanks for reading! I think Danny really did enjoy participating and was very pleased to hear that he had some feedback. Thank you for making his day special!

Now that I'm back, I have some news. Last night after putting a satisfying check mark by workout number 10 of the 30 Day Shred, I was evaluating my progress and if I felt like I could keep going on the shortened schedule. I can't. Thats all there is too it. I AM seeing results, but I don't want to push myself so hard that I can't give 100% during all of my workouts. So, there will be no more Shred two times a day. Thats not to say that I won't start walking when Mother Nature gets her shit together and starts acting like spring. (P.S. All that snow that we got on Monday? Practically gone.)

What does this mean for the tail end of the Shred when Danny and I go out of town and workouts get interrupted? Not too much. One of our nieces 6th birthday party is the Saturday we were planning on being gone and being the awesome aunt and uncle we are, we wouldn't feel right missing it. Instead of being gone Friday night-Sunday evening, we're just making it a 1 day trip. Leave Sunday morning and come back Sunday night. Its only a few hours away and thats doable. That Sunday IS the 30th day. Will I work out before leaving? Doubtful by about 99%. Am I mad? Nope because we will be doing a lot of shopping/sightseeing and those activies require much walking. All is fine. I'll get my 30th and final Shred workout in Monday evening and that will be that.

Enough about that, lets move onto the highlight of the highlight of my day. The highlight of my day was my trip to Target. I had to get Danny's Easter presents, some "bigass salad bowls" and whatever else jumped into my cart while I roamed the aisles. The highlight of this Target trip? These beauties.
 
 


Oooooh my gosh. I got one of these bad boys a week and a half ago on my way home from a meeting. It was 4pm, I was hitting a wall and had an hour and a half drive back to the office. It was also day 1 of the Shred. I NEEDED a pick me up in the form of chocolate. The gas station had the ones with just chocolate, which were awesome. But when I saw there were peanut butter ones, I couldn't have grabbed them quicker. This was one of those snacks that you watch what bag the cashier puts them in, dig them out as soon as you get to the car and eat on the way home. They are that good. The really awesome part? 110 calories and thats it. Its a decent sized candy bar too. I'm really just in love with the whole SkinnyCow line of food. The ice cream sandwiches that they have are delish. Danny had one last night and commented on it before I could even ask how he felt about it. On your next trip to the grocery, grab a box of whatever you can find. I would even suggest a special trip to the grocery haha.

I am now going to enjoy my last sleep in the stinkin' mattress because our new awesome mattress will be here in the morning!!!! Along with our new couches and end tables! I'm one happy lady :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Skinny Cow crisps! I buy them in bulk at Costco and love them!

    ReplyDelete