Mar 4, 2013

Creamy Shrimp Stir Fry

First things first folks: Check out that header! I did that bad boy all by myself after I did my button through the help of Hubby Jack's tutorial! I was so proud of myself! I still want to have him design my blog sometime in the future, but my little changes will do for now.

I survived Monday.  It started off kind of rough with that whole not wanting to get out of bed thing. It probably had a lot to do with the fact that after I went to bed at 10pm, Diesel wanted to go outside at 11pm, 2 am, then at 4am whined just enough to get me out of bed and walk over to the bedroom door while he walked over to Danny's side of the bed and proceed to jump up on the bed JUST missing Danny's face by about a half a centimeter. It was like it happened in slow motion and I held my breath the whole time. Quite an eventful morning.  Although a baby requires more attention, Diesel has been a great test run.

I signed up for Erin's DietBet today on my lunch hour. I don't know who invented these things but GENIUS! I was talking about motivation the other day, and this girl is motivated by money. Hopefully in a month this picture looks a lot better. Don't mind the dog, he is such a nibshit and I normally don't weigh myself in the living room by the front door and take pictures of myself. He was all confused.

Anywho, back to Sunday. The hubs and I went on a breakfast and errands day.  We went to Bob Evans and had a decently healthy breakfast. I had an omelet with egg beaters and home fries. Not bad for 570 calories and it lasted me until late afternoon.  After breakfast we roamed around Target and picked up a bunch of random shit that we needed. It was absolutely hilarious when we checked out and Danny said in pure shock "How the hell did we come in here and just spend $100 no problem." The cashier and I both, almost simultaneously, said "it just happens." Its so stinkin' easy to just fill that cart up, not even realizing until you get to the check out and you're just like wtf happened?!

After we got home I lounged a bit, we went to Danny's dad's to visit, then came home and I started dinner. I'm pretty freakin proud of it if I do say so myself.

 Ingredients include:
  • 10 shrimp, I cut the tails off before cooking
  • 1 small zucchini, sliced
  • 1/2 cup mini peeled carrots, I cut them in half
  • small can of mushrooms
  • 2 tablespoons Philadelphia Cooking Cream, Santa Fe flavor
Throw it all in the skillet and cook until shrimp is done and vegetables are tender. I removed it from the heat then stirred in the cooking cream. Picture is before the cooking cream. Serve over a cup of whole grain rice and you have yourselves a tasty and filling meal for 310 calories!

I doubled the recipe so if you're thinkin "girl's crazy if thats ALL thats in there" The hubs has to eat too so I threw enough in there for the both of us.  This was his first time eating shrimp that wasn't fried and, well, he didn't love it. He's a "texture" person.

My other accomplishments for the day were Easy Blueberry Peach Cobbler and Zumba toning sesh. The Easy Cobbler was just a bag of frozen peaches, some blueberries I had in the freezer from the fall, a box of yellow cake mix and 12 oz of Sprite Zero. Spread the fruit over the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan, top with cake mix, then pour the sprite over it and bake for 30-35 minutes. Viola! 1/12th of the recipe is 164 calories. Not bad for something so tasty. I've eaten quite a bit of it and feel a lot less guilty knowing its not TERRIBLE! Zumba wasn't bad, it was just ehhh. My legs are sore and the bod got worked, but it could of gone better.
 
Time for bed! Its way past my week night bedtime.

1 comment:

  1. Creamy Shrimp Stir Fry is one of my favorite dish, that's why I'm searching in the internet to look some recipe of it. Finally I found your blog so I will try to cook your recipe later. Thanks for this guys.

    ReplyDelete