May 8, 2013

Thank you, Pinterest

Hey hey hey!

Life as of lately has been pretty relaxed and uneventful.  I haven't been working out like I was, no girls night outs, no date nights, nothing. And I'm fine with it. 100% completely fine with it. The first 2 months of 2013 were  a freakin' blur and the next 2 weren't exactly calm either. The fact that May has managed to start off rather slowly makes me happy, happy, happy. Yes, I'm kind of lazy. I mean, I live for Friday and Saturday nights where I can veg out in front of the tv and catch up on a weeks worth of my guilty pleasure General Hospital. Its great.

Today I'm going to share with you one of my most used Pinterest projects.  I've been wanting too for a long time but until now I've always felt like I had something better to say. Now that I'm Boring Betty, this is the best I've got.

 

Those beauties are how I keep my life organized and it keeps Danny and I on the same page as far as scheduling things goes.  HERE is the original pin.  Since I've already completed these, I don't have any tutorials and I don't have any pictures of putting them together. I'm certainly not going to take them apart either :).

Mine are slightly different than the original creator.  She put an extra space in at the top for labels of "This Week" and "Next Week." Well, I still write the size of 1st grader so I left that space out so I could have bigger sections for my days. The black and white paper probably wasn't the best choice since I use black marker, but damnit it looks cool. I might actually replace it one day with a mustard-y yellow or a tan color.

These are super helpful when work schedules aren't consistent, like that of a firefighter.  Danny's schedule is consistent in that the days are in a consistent pattern, but he never works the same 3 days 2 weeks in a row. When I made these, Danny was in paramedic school. We were always having trouble planning things because we couldn't see what his schedule looked like. We had a monthly calendar, but these were nice to just look at a couple weeks since he was so busy and stressed out. So, basically, I made these for my husband :) I guess you could say that I made them for me too since every so often when I'm switching the weeks, I'll throw a Date Night on the schedule ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment