May 23, 2013

Get it together, Erin

Now that the cats out of the bag about me being pregnant, I can be honest about how my eating has been going.

In short, its been pretty terrible.

The first week after I found out I was pregnant, I would have been almost 5 weeks at that point, the food I was shoveling in my mouth wasn't bad. I felt like I was limited on what I could eat though. All the foods that I wanted to eat seemed like they were on the "don't eat" list.  Lunches consisted of lean pockets (pretzel bread kind, go get ya some), chicken wraps, and some other things. Dinner? I can't remember. But I do remember that I was freaking starving and ate about every 2 hours like clockwork.

The next week, I felt a little more free having gone to the doctor... and grocery. It was back to salads and chicken wraps. Dinners weren't terrible I don't think. The first two weeks that I knew I was pregnant aren't the point of this post.

The point of this post is my diet over the last 2 and a half weeks. I really need someone to follow me around all day long and tell me to cool my jets. I've had Taco Bell, Burger King, Panda Express, Wendys, Arbys, Buffalo Wild Wings, mexican (twice, lets act surprised) and lunch today? Dairy Queen $5 buck lunch complete with a peanut butter sundae. STOP IT ERIN!

On a postive note, my snacks have been stellar. Fruit, almonds, cheese sticks, cucumbers, carrots, and Luna bars out the wazoo. And I've only gained 3 pounds. If I don't back off the delicious, quick and easy food that others cook (ok maybe they fry it) for me, that 3 is gonna seem like nothing.

As I said, I need to get my shit together or I'm gonna blow up like a whale and have WAY too much work come January.

I went to the store last night to get enough fruit to last me until Tuesday, maybe only Sunday. Its hard telling these days. The healthy eating will be back in action next week after I get to the grocery store. Its back to salads, veggies, fruits and all that good and healthy stuff.

Wish me luck combatting most of the terrible food this little one is wanting. Its already boycotting apples, bananas and cereal. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment