Sep 23, 2013

Weekend Recap

This was one of the quickest weekends I've had in a while. I'm sure from here on out until the baby gets  here thats how they will be since we have so much to do on the weekends now to prepare for his arrival.

Friday was rainy, which messed up some of our plans. We attended the homecoming parade and then ordered pizza to take over to our friends house who just had a baby on the 17th. I keep saying she's Tucker's first girlfriend. She was so precious and has me so ready to meet our little guy! We planned on going to the football game, but the rain never let up unfortunately. We missed a great game though from what I hear. After we spent a couple of hours with the new family, we headed home.

Saturday was busy, busy! My pig farmer husband got up and headed to pick up the pigs that we sold. We now have an ungodly amount of pork in our garage freezer. I did laundry way longer than I should have and both Danny and I's morning activities made us late for my mom's birthday lunch. 
My mama and I on my wedding day!
We met her, my brother and his girlfriend at PF Changs in Indy. Yummmmm. We all had a good time laughing and learning the difference between 1st cousins and 1st cousins once removed.  (Sidenote: Danny and my brothers girlfriend are second cousins or something like that. Even after the lengthy discussion, I still don't know how it all works and am just going to keep going by what I have been for 20+ years. Sound good?) After lunch Danny and I needed to go to Buy Buy Baby and do our registry there. We invited the grandma-to-be to tag along since it was her birthday. You just can't let your mom spend majority of her birthday by herself. That's rude. We felt much better about this registry than we did the Target one. It wasn't as brutal since it wasn't our first time in the store actually looking at baby stuff, or our first time making decisions about our kid's shit.

We also treated my mom to some birthday cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory. I got the new toasted smores kind.


I didn't really love it. Next time I go there, I really just want to order the original cheesecake with strawberry or cherry topping. Make it simple so it actually tastes like cheesecake. I just get so distracted by the peanut butter and chocolate and red velvet and apple that I forget I want JUST cheesecake. Am I alone in this? Yes?

After cheesecake, we went to a couple other store then stopped by Lowe's on the way home to get paint and supplies so Danny and his brother can't paint Tucker's room. Danny's brother is a great painter and will have that knocked out in no time. I can't wait to see it when it's done, whenever that may be!

Sunday... I was worthless.  Aside from the grocery trip that Danny joined me on and making dinner, which took very little effort, I did nothing. All of Saturdays festivities wore me out!

That would be all for now. It's time to tackle another work week. Yayyyyyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment