Aug 6, 2013

Rum Punch

This recipe is courtesy of my mother-in-law, who doesn't really drink unless she's at a Christmas party at our house.  She told me about it a few weeks before my bridal shower and offered up the recipe to my mom. My mom made it for my shower and I fell in love, along with everyone else. My friend Rachael made it for my bachelorette party a month later. The next summer I made it for myself (I shared) on the 4th of July to take to fireworks. Fast forward a little bit to this summer, and my friend Rachael is getting married. We were talking about what she was going to drink all day and she mentioned Rum Punch. I told her I'd make it for her since she made it for me.

So, like a good little pregnant girl, I waltzed through the liquor section and a couple other aisles to get the goods. Plus, its very Overman(maiden name) of me to be pregnant and STILL show up to a party with booze. You can always count on us to make sure everyone gets good and liquored up.

Here's what you need:
- 2 small cans of pineapple juice (you'll probably just have to buy a 6 pack
- 2 cans of Hawaiian punch (the sell small bottles of this like the one in the picture. Just measure out 24 ounces)
- frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- Fifth of rum (Danny's mom never specified if it was just white rum or coconut. I'm a Malibu lover so I always use that. Makes me feel tropical)
- A pitcher, large container or something that will fit in your freezer


Ready for the directions?
Dump it all in the pitcher and make sure its good and mixed up. Yes, you dump the whole fifth. As your stirring make sure the lemonade concentrate is dissolved in case it wasn't 100% thawed. Put in the freezer OVERNIGHT! It takes longer to freeze than a normal punch because of the alcohol.



Take it out the next day, right before you leave to go to your party or right before guests start arriving. Take a spoon and break it up to make it all slushed.

It made about 1/2 of that large ass pitcher, by the time it was all slushed up and had melted a little bit.


It's almost too easy for something that delicious. I think next summer I may just make some to keep on hand. Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment