It's Friday and my brain has pretty much timed out for the week already... and I haven't even left for work yet. There are many many thoughts and things running through my mind these days. Between being pregnant, being a wife, running a company (along with managing some properties), and trying to maintain somewhat of a social life, there are hundreds of different things that cross my mind... daily.
The Five on Friday Link Up that Darci from The Good Life hosts every Friday is perfect for my hot mess of a noggin.
1. August - Let's start with the reason my brain is so jumbled. In the early days of this here blog, I talked about how I was in the midst of an incredibly busy time at work. Well, here I am again with work in full swing. The good news is, at the end of this month, its pretty much smooth sailing until the end of January. This is also a big month for us. We celebrated our anniversary, we have our 5 year class reunion this weekend (we know, we're practically children), Danny is going on a guys' trip next weekend, my birthday is the 21st, and my best friend is getting married. August is NUTS!
2. Decaf coffee - Prior to being pregnant, I thought it was silly for decaf coffee to exist. I didn't see the point since I drank it solely for the caffiene... or so I thought. A couple months into this incredible journey of growing a human, I discovered that I missed the taste because I got tired of drinking juice and water with breakfast. I'm a girl that loves options. I don't eat the same thing for breakfast every day and I certainly don't want to drink the same thing everyday. Plus, I like to safe my daily dose of caffiene for the afternoon/lunch time so I can enjoy a Diet Coke or Diet Mountain Dew. So, decaf coffee is now part of my life when I never thought it would be.
3. Friends with winter baby boys - One of my good friend's older sisters sent me a message on Facebook the other day telling me she had a large tote of 0-12 month clothes from when her boys fit into them. They were born in December 2009 and March 2012, so our little boy will likely be able to wear them. And she just gave them too us, for FREE! She also gave us a bath seat for when the sink gets to be too crowded and a Boppy pillow. We paid her $80 for a convertible car seat that she bought for her youngest to use at the babysitter and they don't need it. We won't be able to use the car seat for a year, but its one less thing we'll have to buy, which will be a lot since Danny's mom will need her own set of things too.
4. Speaking of Facebook - Like most people who don't air the dirty laundry about their life, Facebook is my highlight reel. But its also my own personal marketplace. Wednesday I posted that we had a queen mattress and box spring for sale for $60 (quite a steal). Within 10 minutes, Danny already received a text from someone wanting to buy it. Saweeeet. Now if the kittens I posted would go that would be great!
5. Lets talk leg cramps - Leg cramp, Charlie Horse, call it what you will, but they are annoying. I haven't had one since at least the early years of high school. I honestly can't even remember. Last night I got TWO! At 4:30 am my leg cramped like you wouldn't believe and almost brought me to tears. I got it uncramped enough to stand and walked it off to the bathroom. I had to pee and I'm honestly surprised I didn't wet the bed. Uncramping your leg and holding your bladder at the same time is tough. As if that one leg cramp wasn't enough, at 5:55 my OTHER LEG cramped up. I only remember that it was 5:55 because I woke Danny up and felt bad for doing so once I realized it was 5 minutes before he had to wake up. Now, both of my legs are so sore. Not a good sore that you get from a workout either. If anyone has any tips on how to get rid of these, I'm all ears! I have a feeling I just have to ride them out though :(
There's my five! Hope you all have a good weekend!!