Jan 9, 2015

My Resolution

We are now 9 days into the year, and I've finally come up with  my resolution. While I posted my goals for 2015 last week before the year started, I've been trying to come up with a personal resolution. To me, goals is an appropriate word for the things that have an end to them. Like mine, organization, more family and friend time, losing weight. I feel like those have an "end" or a definitive way to be measured. Resolutions just seem more personal. Like something you wish to improve within yourself. It took me some time to come up with it, but that didn't stop my 2015 resolution to smack me in the face.

Slow Down.

That's the easiest way to put what I need to do. Just slow down. Slow down and enjoy the moment. Slow down and check my work. Slow down and do things right.

The last 4.5 years have been so freaking crazy since my dad passed away. And I always use that day as the start of the "crazy" because it literally changed my life. Sure, I've done all the same things: graduate college, marry Danny, have a baby, and heck I'm even in the same job. Its all the stuff in between that messes with me. The meetings, the fact that my attorney is on my favorites list in my phone, trying to sell a house and a building, running a business at 25 years old. I can see how I get stressed. I think almost anyone would.

But, its been 4.5 years. Its time to take a step back and slow down.

I've been rushing from one thing to another and having way to much going on at once. Some are out of my hands (Danny having a freak accident breaking his foot while we have a 7 month old during the busiest time of the year for me at work) while some I can somewhat control (hanging on to some rental properties too long and not realizing until it's caused me to worry and its freaking winter and the market is slower). I even rush through things at work. Some days its necessary to get things done, but some days its not. And its caused me to make some mistakes that shouldn't have been made. Everyone makes mistakes and I get that, but I hate when I make silly mistakes. Silly mistakes that could have been prevented.

In 2015, I'm going to take my time and be more careful with things.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you can find a way to do just that. It's a lesson I'm still learning at 35. It's definitely harder as kids get older and busier so if you can find a way to do it now, it will benefit you in the long run. Great resolution... I need to do the same!

    ReplyDelete