May 12, 2014

My 1st Mother's Day Weekend

Here we are again at a Monday morning and I am BEAT! My first Mother's Day as a mom to a human child (Diesel has always gotten me a card) was a really good one.

Tucker wanted as much mama time as he could get, so we partied from 4a-6a Saturday morning. Danny was in Indy getting ready to leave on the Indy Honor Flight so I was on my own. The kid refused to go to sleep. He wasn't angry or upset. Just awake. Wide awake. And it was exhausting. He eventually went to sleep for another hour and a half then we moved to the couch and got another hour and a half of sleep before the AC repair guy showed up to fix our air that had been out since Wednesday.  After all that, we got ready and met my mom for lunch and shopping.


Tucker and I needed some summers clothes and we found some great deals. Mine weren't so much deals as they were awesome, but Old Navy and Carters were having great sales. I need to be banned from Carters. I love their clothes! God help our bank account if we have a girl next time. Anyways, at Old Navy I found my new most favorite pair of shorts. These awesome linen shorts. They are pure perfection. I bought 3 pairs and put them on immediately after getting to my mom's apartment. Go get some now!

After a nap at my moms, we headed to meet Danny's family to pick him up and greet all the WWII vets coming home from the Honor Flight. The Honor Flight takes war veterans to Washington D.C. to visit the war memorial. The vets can take a family member as their "Guardian" or they are paired with a  volunteer Guardian, which is what Danny was. It was such a moving experience. I am so proud of my husband for being part of the flight. As the veterans were walking in, with their Guardian holding their photo from when they enlisted in their branch of the military, the crowd went nuts and tears were wiped from eyes. The vets and the crowd. I'm hoping I can sweet talk my husband into recapping his trip for you all this week! Stay tuned.


Sunday was another early day with the babe. We lounged, then took Danny's mom to breakfast, visited Danny's dad and stepmom, and then it was time for my 2nd Mother's Day gift: a nap! First gift was 2 hanging flower baskets from Tuck and Diesel and hooks to hang them on the front and back porches from Danny. While I napped, Tucker pooped twice. Perfect! After my nap we met my mom and brother at Hooter's for Mother's Day. We did the same last year and will probably for years to come. Mom's eat "free" up to a $10 value. That covers wings and most of the fries if you order them. Not a bad deal.


After we got home I got my picture with the boys and then we were planning on relaxing for the night. Then I realized it was hot as f'ing balls in the house. Our air was out. Again. We called the power company, thinking the problem is on their end, and they were out in a hurry to beat the torrential downpour. They couldn't figure out anything in the dark and rain, so Danny replaced a fuse which worked for about 30 minutes. We were quickly back to no air. There better be some good quality central air when this girl gets home or I will be an absolute bear. I don't do hot well. It makes me grumpy. Its almost worse than when I'm hungry.

Wish my husband luck if it's not fixed. Not that it would be his fault, but just because he will have to co-exist with me.

3 comments:

  1. UGH! I hate being hot too. My husband is a tight ass and refuses to turn the a/c on until June. So far it's been ok but I die when I do my T25's, I seriously think I burn extra calories because it is so hot and I am sweating gallons. Your Mother's Day sounded good, I got to sleep too. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I can't even fathom what heat is, lol! Im in Mn and it has been cool and rainy FOREVER. Ugh. Love your blog! Stop over for a visit sometime:)

    By the way I loved your breastfeeding update, it's so nice to hear about other moms experiences. I breastfed all 3 of my girls for a total of 4 years:) Now I am a La Leche League Leader and I love helping moms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! AC problems already?! Ain't nobody got time for that! Luckily, we haven't had to turn ours on yet! But it's slowly warming up here in MI! Glad to hear you had a good weekend and got some family time in! that is definitely an honor for Danny to be a part of that flight! So neat!

    ReplyDelete