Apr 8, 2014

Transformation Tuesday: Week One

The first week of trying to lose the baby weight is over. My plan of attack is changing a bit. Last week was a little much on the body in terms of pilonidal cyst recovery and boob juice.

As I was on my second Couch 2 5K Sunday, my tailbone area started bothering me which means the area I had my pilonidal cyst after giving birth. The last thing I want to do is cause damage to that and create a huge mess. I also don't want to cause my milk supply to go down. I already feel like I'm hardly keeping up with what the eating machine needs so working out 6 out of 7 days might make that worse.

With that said, I'm cutting out Jillian right now and will save the Shred for June or July. I really don't  think running/walking was the culprit to my tailbone area hurting so I feel comfortable keeping that up. I also want to be able to run the 5K with Danny in June.

So, the new plan of attack is this:
1. Couch to 5K
2. Clean up my eating

Eating went fairly well last week and I tracked every meal every day except for Saturday night since we were at a birthday party. And I ate standing up so the calories don't count :)

I like to ease into things so I think this revised plan will have greater success in the long run. I hate making major changes and prefer baby steps. (For example, I took Adderall throughout college and once I graduated I only took it for another couple months. The reason I quit was because I knew you couldn't take it while pregnant and I wanted to get used to being off of it before pregnancy. I was off the meds for over a year before we even started trying. I'm kind of dramatic.) Working on getting back into exercising by doing C25K the 3 times a week and eating mostly healthy will be a good jump start to losing the remaining weight while also maintaining my milk supply.

I'll be back next Tuesday with a recap of how Week Two went!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck. I have cleaned up my diet and have been walking too. I have lost over 40 lbs since Christmas and I am officially below pre-Oliver weight. I have another 30 to lose to be at my goal weight (I was apparently bigger then I thought I was when I got pregnant with O). I recently bought T25 dvd's and can't wait for them to come in the mail so I can start feeling more of a burn (and the pain that goes with it). I don't have the challenge of milk supply for he stopped doing that a few months ago- Good luck to you and I will be here to support you all the way.

    ReplyDelete