Apr 28, 2014

Graffiti Run Weekend

Monday snuck up on me this week after a long and pretty fun weekend.

It started early Saturday morning with snuggles in bed with Tucker and Diesel. Danny was off work but was helping a friend roast a hog for a party so me and the boys enjoyed the bed to ourselves until he got home. Once he got home I went on a walk with Diesel at the park. It was nice having some time to ourselves since I've been feeling like I'm neglecting in. No shame in admitting I'm a crazy dog lady! After our walk, it was time to get a move on. I had bags to pack for Tucker and me and errands to run before heading to my moms for the night with Rach and Chelsea for the Graffiti Run. Rach and I left at 2:30 and headed to the State Fairgrounds to pick up our packets for the run. We were anticipating an hour and a half wait. Nope. We walked right up to the table and back out to the car in less than 15 minutes. We headed to my mom's and waited on Chels to arrive. Once she arrived we headed to Red Robin for dinner, where a certain someone threw a fit and then crashed, causing all the tables around us to laugh at him.


After dinner we headed back to my mom's place to rest up for the early morning. But not before a Target run due to my mom-fail of the weekend. I realized when we were half way to Indy that I didn't bring any bottles or milk. None. I did pack my pump though so I could at least get something for him. I bought a can of formula just in case but luckily my mom didn't need it and I could return it.

We planned on leaving around 7:45 but didn't actually walk out the door until 8 or so. Which was fine because the less time we had to stand out in our shorts in the 48 degree weather, the better!


The race wasn't nearly as fun this year. Between the cold weather and the poor planning of the color throwers/volunteers, it just wasn't the same. The only color we had on us at the end was the color from each of our own packets. Lame!


Hopefully next year they move the run back to June when the Indiana weather is slightly more predictable. You just don't know what you're going to get in April, but in June you can at least expect high 50s in the morning.

Now, it's Monday morning and I either have a sinus headache or the start of a migraine. I really can't tell, but all I know is the ibuprofen isn't touching it. And neither is the extra hour of sleep. No bueno. Here's to hoping your week is off to a better start than mine!

3 comments:

  1. hahaha bless his heart :) Babies are too funny!
    Yeah that color run doesnt look very colorful lol at least you had fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to do one of those runs because they look really fun! Is that stuff hard to get off? I would have had zero desire to be out there running in that cold weather! Hopefully next year is better for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower here! Whereabouts in Indiana are you from? I'm an Indy girl, born and raised, but I live in STL now (until this summer, when I move to South Korea...eek!)

    ReplyDelete