Oct 31, 2016

Weekend Recap

We had a pretty great weekend... for the most part. It is very obvious that age 3 is near. We are dealing with some major emotion from our little guy and it is a hell of a time for me to not be able to drink. Had I not been pregnant and Cracker Barrel had a cocktail menu, I would have had one yesterday. Its hard to imagine this cheesy smile screaming at the top of his lungs as your carry him out of a restaurant.

Let's get to the good stuff...

Friday: I left work after our last event of the month to eat lunch and pack so we could head out of town for the night. We picked Tucker up around 2 and made our way to Evansville. On the way down, we mentioned going to a mall just to kill time once we arrived and Tucker associated that with "a cookie place and riding animals" like he does at one of the malls he goes to with my mother-in-law. After some Googling and hoping and praying, we learned that this mall did in fact have animals he could ride. I pulled the pregnancy card and told Danny this one was on him.

I think he enjoyed riding around on this thing for 10 minutes.

After dinner and perusing Gymboree to satisfy my desire to shop for this baby girl, we headed to my aunt's house where we were staying for the night. Tucker got a couple of surprises and threw a fit about not being able to open all the drawers and cabinets in someone else's house before we headed to bed.


Saturday morning we woke up and visited with my aunt and uncle. They are empty nesters with no signs of grandchildren in the near future, so they enjoyed having a small child running around for an hour or so. After breakfast it was time to head to Paw Patrol! Tucker didn't really get it until the show started, but once he saw the stage with the Paw Patrol logo he was so excited.
 
 

Coming down from a sugar high and seeing your favorite characters on stage is rough.

We met my aunt and uncle for lunch and some play time at a nearby park before heading home.

Sunday we went to church and breakfast. This kid asked me to take a picture of him on the way to breakfast. "Push the cheesey button mom!"

This can pretty much sum up the rest of our day.

1 comment:

  1. That meme is the truth. We are having the terrible 3's in our house and I don't see an end in site. You know what gets me the most... when I am getting onto him for something and he sits there and laughs. UGH!

    ReplyDelete