Oct 3, 2016

Catching Up: July

Before I get started on our July, I'll do a quick Weekend Recap since it was Danny's birthday weekend!

Friday we scrubbed our plans of dinner out and shopping for clothes for the whole fam since it was rainy and no one really felt good. We got ice cream and take out. I went to be at approximately 7pm. I dozed off on the couch then officially went to bed at 8:30. Mama was tired!

Saturday was Danny's birthday. Tucker and I made him a pie to take to him at work since he had to work on his birthday. And since I delivered treats on his first day at this station, I set the bar pretty high. After we delivered the pie, I once again scrubbed shopping plans due to rain and just being tired still. **Second trimester energy, where you at? Tuck and I hung out at my moms for a bit then headed home.

Sunday was a productive day. We went to church and Tucker went home with Danny's mom from there. Danny and I grocery shopped by ourselves for the first time since 2013. We celebrated Danny and his grandpa's birthdays that night with soup, hot dogs and cake.

We had a nice time, stayed way too late, and left without our kid who went home with Danny's sister and our nieces for the night. I'm starting to wonder if he likes us.

Now onto July.

Danny started his new job on July 3rd. That day we had a family reunion for Danny's side and Tucker had his first sleepover at our house with his cousin Libby. I took them to dinner at the Mexican restaurant.

We decided last minute to go watch fireworks in town. It was rainy so we weren't sure if we'd go or not. I took them in their pj's because I'm the best.

Side story: The 6 year old decided last minute that she had to pee. We ran to the school to go to the bathroom, Tucker decided he needed to pee on the toilet too (we hadn't started potty training at this point) which was interesting since he was wearing a diaper and in order to pee on a toilet while wearing a diaper you basically have to get naked. The floor was wet and muddy and it was just quite a show. As we walked out of the school the fireworks started. I carried BOTH kids back to the car so they could face the fireworks and actually see them, we moved our chairs to sit by my brother and got to sit for all of 5 minutes before the "grand" finale.

Danny worked overtime on the 4th. Second day on the job and was already working OT. We had a cookout at my brother's with my family and our friends before going to our traditional fireworks show.

The next weekend was the big one: the weekend I found out I was pregnant. I had a negative test on Saturday and was really bummed about it, especially since I felt like I was going to get sick at any moment. When I was still feeling nauseous the next day, I decided to pee on one more stick (I've lost count of how many sticks I've peed on in 2016!) and the faintest of lines appeared! It was so faint Danny couldn't even see it. In true Erin fashion, we found out right before we were heading to a birthday party. Life goes on!  It was darker the next day, so I felt good calling the doctor get the ball rolling. Due to my miscarriage last year, I wanted to get everything checked out ASAP. After one round of bloodwork, my OB put me on Prometrium (progesterone) and then after the second blood test she upped my dosage to 2 pills per day so I feel less crazy about calling so soon.

I almost lost my life driving home from Illinois.

I prayed to God for a good hour and a half on the drive home and am so thankful that nothing bad happened. There was a long stretch of time that I couldn't see anything other than the tail lights of the car in front of me. It was one of those storms where you're afraid to keep driving but pulling over is dangerous too. I white knuckled it all the way home. After the storm, I stopped and walked around a Target to calm down. Not kidding.

We went to a family picnic for my mom's work. There was an awesome play ground and I stuffed myself silly. Tucker was the center of attention.

We learned during fair week that Tucker kind of hates rides.

Unless he is with Daddy.

At the end of the month we went on a camping trip to Maumee Bay State Park in Ohio. We stayed for 3 nights and we had a great time!

We spent the mornings at the beach. 

We explored the area in the afternoon so a certain someone would take a nap. 

We had a great time collecting shells in the evening. *Please ignore Tucker's horrible haircut. I didn't do it and the normal girl didn't do it. It bothered me the entire time we were gone!

And we ate plenty of smores! We changed our camping neighbors life when we gave him a smore made with a Reese cup.

We loved it over there and will definitely be going back! 

The was July! It was a fun one.

1 comment: