Feb 2, 2015

Weekend Recap

We had a pretty standard weekend. A few plans, some lounging, and some fun.

I spent entirely too much time in the car on Friday. 3 hours in the morning, then 3 hours in the afternoon with my brother. It wore me out. I was so exhausted Friday when I got home from work. But, we were headed to the park in town to hear a friend announce that his candidacy for mayor. It was pretty exciting. He would be a perfect mayor for our town and him running brings a lot of hope. After all the excitement, we got dinner from Subway then headed home. Tucker went to bed around 9, then Danny and I went shortly after.
On the road selfie (not while driving of course!)


Saturday Tucker and I were up and out the door pretty early to get to the grocery before the crazies shopped for the big "snow storm." It was still pretty crowded, but manageable. After running a few more errands, we went home, ate lunch, and I caught up on my shows while Tucker napped for 2 hours. Parenthood ended so perfectly! I loved the looks into each person's future! I also got to watch Grey's Anatomy. I really hope Derek and Meredith get their shit together, but it wouldn't be Grey's if things weren't rocky between the two of them now would it? After some dinner and a bath, my mom arrived. She stayed all night so she could be in town for her parents' anniversary party the next day in case we really did get a bunch of snow.

Sunday morning I made oatmeal pancakes for my mom, Tucker and me. After that we all just played, hung out and I got some dishes done, laundry going and dinner started. Tucker and I went to the anniversary party for a bit where Tucker and his cousin loved on each other. They were so shy at first but once they warmed up to each other they were so adorable.


After the party, Tucker and I went home to hang out with Danny then we had a pretty laid back Sunday night. No Superbowl for us since we cancelled cable last April. We never really watched it anyways so I didn't feel like I was missing out.

It was a pretty typical weekend, which made it enjoyable!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good weekend! Cute pic of you in the car! Sometimes being in the car that long just is exhausting in itself!

    ReplyDelete