Feb 24, 2015

Goal Check-Up: Organization

I'm hoping the goals I have set for this year will be different than other goals I've set in the past. Typically I will think about what things I want to accomplish, write a definitive list, post them, and then not revisit them until it's time to come up with the next year's goals. Not this time, baby! I'm hoping to give myself a check up every once in a while to make sure I'm on task.

Today's check up is on the organization goal I set for myself. In the first 2 months of this year, I think I've done pretty well.  I've made a bill book to help me keep track of what bills we pay, when they are due, and what dates they are paid. There is a monthly bills section as well as a variable bill section. I'm hoping at the end of the year, I can at least set some sort of budget for us. We tend to fly by the seat of our pants and it's worked so far since we try to live well below our means and build in some cushion by paying extra on our house, my car and the mower. I don't have a picture of the actual book, and trust me it's not anything fancy so you aren't missing out. But here is a small glimpse into what's inside. They are the templates that are on my computer. The book has actually been used :)
 


I got the idea from HERE and just made a very slimmed down and less pretty version.

The second thing that I've accomplished is a cleaning check list.  Getting the routine cleaning done is something that our house needs help with. I'm a list person. I like to have something to look at to tell me what I need to do or buy, and to show me what progress has been made. There is too much going on in that head of mine to just keep track of it mentally. I threw out the idea of designated chores (he do dishes and clean the bathroom, I get all the laundry and the kitchen kind of set up) to Danny and he didn't like it. Every once in a while he will get the urge to clean and I'll come home to a spotless house. It would be wrong to take the joy away from him, and from me. So, I came up with a list of things that need done on a weekly basis and also on a monthly basis, aside from the daily laundry and dishes.


These are things that we felt were important for our house and what I would like to see get done. I used my Heritage Makers points to create 12x12 sheet that would fit in a frame to set in our kitchen. I left a blank space at the bottom of the monthly list to fill in with the extra job I wanted to get done that month. If I'm feeling ambitious, I'll write in 2. Now, I just found a place for this thing last night so I can't really say whether or not it's actually working, but I have some pretty good expectations for it. I'm not sure how much Danny will actually use it, but it'll help keep me on task.

That's where I'm at on my getting organized goal. I think I'm off to a good start so far.

How are your 2015 goals shaping up? Have you made any progress?

1 comment:

  1. We need to get a grip on our bill system and this is exactly what I have been wanting to put together. I think we will need to put it smack dab on the front of the fridge but hopefully it will work. I am going to try to come up with something similar! I wish my hubby would get an inkling to clean the whole house every now and then, even two or three times a year would be great! lol

    ReplyDelete