Feb 12, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Valentine's Edition

With Valentine's Day being just 2 short days away, I've been reminiscing about the 6 Valentine's Days that Danny and I have spent together. I can't believe we are on our 7th Valentine's Day together, and 4th as husband and wife. It's so crazy! There are about 3 opinions on Valentine's Day: you love it and go all out, you hate it and avoid it like the plague, or it's just another day.

A couple of years we've done the traditional romantic dinners and gifts. We even splurged on a hotel one year. It had been a rather busy few months for the two of us so we made hotel and dinner reservations in Indy to celebrate the occasion. But my favorite Valentine's Days have been the low-key ones. Our first Valentine's Day as a married couple has been my most favorite.


Danny was finishing up his last semester of medic school that year and Valentine's Day happened to fall mid-week.  We had a lunch date at the diner in town. When Danny picked me up at work to take me to lunch, he brought part of my gift with him. This part of the gift was to be displayed in my office so I could look at it every day.
Hands down, one of the funniest pictures from our wedding day. My groom waiting for me at the altar. He looks like he is about to puke.

Dinner that night was a recreation of our first Valentine's Day together with Applebee's takeout. After dinner Danny gave me the rest of my gift, which was 2 bottles of Arbor Mist. I've since grown up and stopped drinking juice. My gift to Danny that year was a subscription to Diesel Power and a trip down to the Boat, Sport and Travel Show, which has become an annual tradition.

My take on Valentine's Day falls between loving it and it being just another day. While I think it's important to show your spouse or significant other love throughout the year, Valentine's Day gives a good reason to do that. Life is too short to not celebrate anything and everything. Even if it means the greeting card industry makes an obscene amount of money as a result.

Where do your feelings for Valentine's Day fall on the charts?

No comments:

Post a Comment