Oct 3, 2014

Friday Randoms

This week moved at the speed of smell. I am so glad its Friday and that the weekend consists of celebrating Danny's birthday tonight and a wedding tomorrow.

1. Danny's birthday was Wednesday. On Tuesday we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner to celebrate as a little fam. I didn't bring a single thing for Tucker to eat. Mom of the year right here. I mean I had a bottle from Danny's mom's house since he had a whole 1 oz to drink all day, but the kid wants FOOD! He munched on a roll and the egg off my salad which is the best part of a Texas Roadhouse salad if you ask me. I redeemed myself. My caring generous husband did something super nice for his birthday... he bought the family's dinner that was sitting next to us. We had no idea who they were. I married the best man!


2. For the last week and a half, we've been putting Tucker to bed with a bottle instead of nursing in preparation for my 3 days away in November. Not going too great. Bedtime can take anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour and a half. And it usually involves tears. From Tucker and me. We figured we'd start with me giving him a bottle to prevent too much change from happening at once, but its not really working. The cry it out method is not for us. I can't handle it and Tucker is relentless. He has cried for an hour and a half on the way home from my mom's on more than one occasion.

3. I mentioned last week that I hurt my rib playing softball a couple of weeks ago. The pain got bad enough over the weekend that I ended up going to MedCheck on Monday. I got diagnosed with a very deep bruise. Well, I should have just rode it out a couple more days because the pain is pretty much gone. Finally! I'm glad I will get to resume running and working out next week.

4. Our vacation is like 12 days away. We may be having some issues with it though. Danny needs 2-3 more weeks of work conditioning, which would put him needing therapy while we are gone. We are hoping we can work something out with the doctor and worker's comp so that he can still go. Of course we found on about the possibility of him not being able to go on vacation on his birthday. I literally cried just thinking about going without him. The surgeon will see my ugly side if he doesn't help us out with this on Monday. I need to share this wonderfulness with my husband.


5. And because I don't think I've shared the family photos that we got done back in June, here is one of my faves. I love these two!

1 comment:

  1. Aww that last picture melts my heart! I hope everything goes well with your vacation! I'm so back logged on blogging so excuse me for not knowing what the hell is going on! :) Glad to hear your injury wasn't anything major!

    ReplyDelete