Oct 10, 2014

Friday Randoms

I am so glad its Friday. Because in less than a week, my butt will be on vacation! I have about a million and one things to do between now and then, but if I've learned anything in the last 4 years since having this big girl job, its that vacation is worth every penny spent!

- If you follow me on Instagram (erinshell10) you're already aware that Tucker had a big day yesterday. He got his first haircut! In about 10 minutes he went from a mop headed baby to a what looks like a little man. I absolutely love it. He looks so much more like his daddy too. He did really well with the whole process, which I think is because he was asleep when we pulled in the parking lot. Here is a before and after. I can't believe how different he looks!


- Something else about Tucker that I don't think I've shared. He has a favorite song. It's not a kids song and its not a lullaby, though with his reaction you would think it was. It's this....
About a month ago I was driving down to my mom and a friend's apartment complex (they live in the same one) and Tuck was screaming the entire time. About 35 minutes into the drive, this song came on the radio. And he stopped screaming. Song stopped and he started again. So, I played it on my phone through the Jeep speakers and about 1 time through he was drifting off to sleep.  I put the song on repeat and listened to it 6 more times and he slept the rest of the drive. I thought it was a fluke. Nope. Still, a month later, he will stop screaming and crying within 20 seconds of this song playing. He may fuss, but its doesn't sound like he's being tortured. I told Danny he must know Miranda and Carrie are hot. Because I don't care if you're a man or woman, we can all agree that they are.

- Do you need a laugh? Click THIS LINK right now. Danny sent me this thing from The Chive his new obsession the other day and I was cracking up as I was reading them. I don't know if its because I have a child, or if they really are that funny. Or if it was because I was so tired from not having any coffee for 2 days. Many variables here. Anyways, click the link and laugh your ass off.

- Finally, as I've mentioned almost daily for the last few months, we are going to Alabama next week. My mom has been 3 times, I've been twice and my brother has been once. What are some restaurants or activities that you recommend? I'm all about trying new things. I do know that we will be going to Lambert's Café but that's about it.

Okay, that's all for now. I've got too long of a to-do list for a Friday. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. So I take it you are going to Foley, AL? LuLu's @ Homeport Marina in Gulf Shores is yummy along with Tack Jacks in Gulf Shores for some great seafood. I am from Montgomery but those are my faves when we go to the beach. Live Bait in Orange Beach is also a favorite.

    ReplyDelete