Oct 6, 2014

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was what I would consider a standard weekend. One with only one thing to do each day and didn't leave me feeling like I blinked and it was Monday morning.

Friday night Danny and I got a babysitter and headed out to the local bars to celebrate Danny's birthday. A few guys he works with met us there and I drove them from the first stop to the second stop. We had dinner, a few drinks and then I left to go relieve the babysitter. Danny didn't get in until almost 4 am. The only time he sees 4 am is if there is a fire so this was a rare occurrence. I had a good time for the few hours I was out and he had a great time and that is what matters.

Saturday I was up early with Tucker, but we were able to get a couple more hours of sleep in the recliner. We pretty much just lounged and watched tv until it was time to get ready for the wedding we had to go to in Indy. I even got to take a short nap on Saturday. The wedding was really pretty and at a neat venue. But, with a teething 10 month old and a husband who still can't stand for too long, the ceremony and cocktail hour was all this family could handle. Thankfully Tucker slept all the way there and all the way back (except for when we stopped to grab dinner). We were back home and on the couch by 8:30.


Yesterday we got up and went to church, but not before discovering my Kuerig is broke. Not good. After church we went to Subway for breakfast. Once we were home the rest of the day was filled with playing, snuggling, visiting with my mom and attempts at taking some fall pictures of Tucker with the pumpkins from our garden. The pictures also made me feel good about our decision to get his hair cut this week.


All in all it was a pretty good weekend. Only one more weekend until vacation!!!!!

Now wish me luck as I try to get through today, and probably most of the week, without coffee. I've apparently become dependent.

1 comment:

  1. What a great family photo! Sounds like a fun weekend! I can't believe how long Tucker's hair is! So stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete