After my Note To Self last week, I decided that I need little reminders about many things. We all need a little help remembering things from time to time. Like how you shouldn't play softball like you're 12 when you're 25 because that dumb move to slide into 3rd will almost break your rib.
Please take care of yourself. I know its hard when you have an almost 10 month old, a husband who is still on the mend from his shattered foot and a high maintenance mutt. Let's also not forget the insurance agency you run and the properties that you're trying to sell. No wonder you're tired all the time. At this point though, there really isn't anything you can do about being tired or getting more sleep. You already cram what seems like 24 hours worth of work into 18 hours and you need every minute of all 18 hours.
There are things that you can fit into those 18 hours to make sure you are taken care of too.
- If you are sick or tired, don't push yourself. Rest and relax so you can get over it quicker. There is a little life that depends on you.
- Take that extra couple minutes in the shower to use that exfoliating body scrub you like so much. Winter is coming and you always seem to forget how much you hate dry skin until you have dry skin. Let's try preventing it this year!
- Curl your hair more. It takes approximately 5 more minutes to curl it than it does to straighten. Plus you always feel like you can conquer the world when you're having a good hair day.
- Don't feel guilty about those runs you go on that leaves you picking Tucker up later. They lift your mood and help you feel better about yourself. Happy mama = Happy baby.
- And don't feel bad about the glass of wine you have every night. There are worse things.
- You have a $100 spa certificate. You've had it for almost 2 months. GO USE IT!
- And for the love of all things holy, schedule the massage your mother-in-law bought for you... last November!
- Read a magazine. You don't have the attention span for a book at the moment.
- Get crafty. Those wine bottles have been soaking by the sink for about 5 months. It's time to do something with them. You've also got a scrapbook and some canvases to make and order.
- Squeeze in more time with your friends. A quick lunch is better than nothing!
- You don't have to dress 100% casual to work everyday just because no one sees you but the 2 guys you work with. Wear that shirt you've been looking for a reason to wear or break out some of those necklaces that you have. There are 8 hours a day where your boobs don't have to be easily accessible or a necklace isn't being yanked off your neck. Take advantage of them!
- When Danny goes back to work, don't feel bad if you take on night each rotation to veg out and get lost in your tv shows while eating a frozen pizza.
If you can squeeze a few of those things into those busy 18 hours, you'll be fine. You'll be better than fine. Just because you spend most of your awake hours thinking about everything you need to do for everyone else doesn't mean you don't deserve some of that time for yourself. Because you do deserve it!