Sep 2, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

3 day weekends are the bee's knees! I could use one at least once a month. Maybe I'll start doing that?

I skipped out of work early on Friday because I could. I wanted to go get a run in before I got Tucker and with any luck I was trying for a cat nap too. The run was successful, the nap was not. About 5 minutes in, Danny got home and Diesel went NUTS! Every time Danny comes home, Diesel acts like he's been gone for a month. So, I went to get Tucker and we attempted to go to the high school football game but it was past Tucker's bedtime by the time we got there after dinner.

Saturday was another swimming lesson followed by a trip to Target and Kohl's in search of some cheap 12 month summer clothes for vacation. Vacation shopping for a baby is so frustrating. Tucker fits almost perfectly in his 9 month stuff, but who knows what he'll be like in October. Well, all the summer clearance is pretty well picked through. Danny's mom found a couple pair of shorts and I have enough shirts so we might be able to make it work. After we shopped, we headed home and we both took a nap. After our nap we showered/bathed and went to visit some friends after we ate dinner. Tucker was out like a light as soon as we got home and it was nice.
Watching some Grey's Anatomy before swimming


Sunday he was up pretty early... like 4 am early. He was up until 6am, which left me an hour to sleep before getting up for church. Unfortunately, Danny's alarm was still set for work and went off at 6:30. I couldn't win on Sunday. After church, something huge happened.... wait for it... I went to Target AND the grocery ALONE! Danny can walk again, so he took Tucker for a bit and I shopped in peace. It. Was. Glorious! Once I got home, another big thing happened. I made this extremely easy spinach and artichoke dip and these oatmeal cream whoopie pies. Are you following Mix and Match Mama? If you aren't, do yourself a favor and go do it now. She posts the easiest, most delicious recipes. I haven't found one that we don't like. Her whooopie pies are my favorite thing to make and her bars are simple too. It's all too easy not to love. Anyways... we went to my brother's for a cookout on Sunday. He made our dad's chicken on the grill (he's almost got it mastered) and we all had a good time. Danny and I haven't moved everything out of the house  yet, so Tucker got to play with some of Danny's toys while we waited on dinner to get done. 


Monday was another early morning for Tucker. Lucky for me, Danny took over from 5a-6a so I could get some extra sleep. He's teething still and I think he's going through a growth spurt. Kid nursed practically all day yesterday. But, between all the feedings, I managed to clean the kitchen, clear off my desk, do some laundry and sweep the living room. We also had a visit from our friends who got engaged last Sunday. They asked Danny and I to be in the wedding! We are so excited for them and can't wait to be part of their very special day that we've all been waiting on and talking about for over 6 years.

Whew, what a weekend we had! It was a pretty good one, but I'm exhausted!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I absolutely love Mix & Match Mama... I'm not big on sweets so I haven't tried many of her deserts yet but I just love her!

    ReplyDelete