Sep 16, 2014

Happy Things

There has been a lovely little thing floating around Instagram that has you list 10 things that make you happy. I got tagged by Erin @ She's a Big Star last night and it came at a perfect time. Mondays just suck, especially when you have to drive 3.5 hours for a meeting and when you're 2 hours into your trip, the person you're going to meet calls to cancel. My brother and I were in the car for 5 hours yesterday. While it was nice having quality time with him, it was pouring down rain, my boobs hurt from not pumping, and even though the rain had cleared up at home we wouldn't be home in time for me to go run. Danny was busy with loading pigs to take to the butcher and didn't get done pissing with that until almost 7, Tucker needed a bath, we needed dinner and blah blah blah blah blah. I was over yesterday.

I'm going to share with you the 10 things that I posted on my Instagram(erinshell10) that make me happy. I didn't want to stop at 10 though. So, the first 10 are what I shared originally and the rest is just me rambling about happy things.
1. My amazing, hard working husband.
2. That sweet little boy of ours with his gap-tooth smile.
3. Our four legged baby and his need to snuggle as close as possible every night.
4. A glass of wine.
5. Laughing so hard my stomach hurts.
6. When a song comes on the radio that reminds me of my dad.
7. The fact that in a month from right now we will be driving to Orange Beach. Still true this morning
8. Softball. I didn't realize until yesterday (Sunday actually) just how much I miss it.
9. The feeling after a good workout. Even if it means it hurts to move a single muscle.
10. A clean house. I think it makes me so happy because its rare.
11. Pumpkin Spice coffee, not to be confused with a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Those are delicious too, but the coffee comes out to about $.50/cup instead of $4ish.
12. A good deal. I love walking out of CVS feeling like I practically stole from them. I mean my bill is more then $1.62, but I can generally save enough money that I didn't "really pay" for one pack of diapers, or make up wipes. Or it saved me enough money to pay for the wine that was also in the cart.
13. Our entire, crazy family and spending time with them. We are seriously some of the luckiest people on the planet.
14. Close friends who you can just pick up where you left off.
15. Baking or cooking something that comes out so delicious there aren't any leftovers.
16. Leftovers do make me happy though.
17. A kickass day at work. One where I get to be an insurance agent and not someone who just deals with problems that come with owning a business.
18. Wrapping/rolling change. Its weird I know.
19. Grey's Anatomy on Netflix.
20. Running. So weird that I am saying running makes me happy. More on that tomorrow.
21. Old pictures.
22. A good hair day.
23. Pinterest. I don't think I would know how to cook, dress myself or lose weight if it weren't for that gold mine.
24. A pair of skinnies, a cute sweater and a pair of boots.
25. Trying on a pair of "skinny" jeans and them fitting.
26. Ecards. Some of them are so mean and rude, but you can't help but laugh.
27. Giving gifts. I especially enjoy it when the receiver cries. My mother-in-law thinks I'm sick.

I could probably keep going. But, I have to leave for Danny's foot appointment soon. Hopefully this is the last one. Or at least second to last one.

2 comments:

  1. What a great list but #27! I'm right there with you I love when the receiver cries and my whole family thinks I'm crazy for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayy, I love your list and LOVE that it came at just the perfect time for you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete