Jul 22, 2013

The Weekend Before Fair

I knew this weekend would be a busy one, but I didn't know it would be as relaxing as it was either.

Friday I left work early due to an absolutely awful headache. I just came home, got in bed, and watched Friends for a few hours. Danny came home and we grabbed dinner real quick so he could get a haircut then go load pigs for Saturday.

Saturday morning my farmer wannabe husband got up bright and early to go take the pigs to the fairgrounds. I tried to weed our garden while he was gone but I got one watermelon plant done and called it quits. I said last year I wouldn't wait until it was overwhelming to pull weeds, but I did. I blame pregnancy. I waltzed my ass back inside and cleaned the kitchen, did dishes, worked on the days of laundry that I have to do and lounged around waiting on Danny to get home. Once he got home he helped me move some laundry and we continued lounging. I got a burst of energy, but didnt want to clean so I made this.

Of course, I found it on Pinterest. I didn't take pics throughout because I was pretty sure it was going to result in on of those "Nailed It" failures but it didn't. I have a few more that I want to do so I will be sure to show you all how I did it. Its really super easy.
Saturday night I had dinner with a few girlfriends. One was in town to go on a family vacation and didn't tell us until she was on her way home. I'm glad it worked out!

Sunday we got up and went to church. After, Danny headed to the fairgrounds and I headed to the store to get some fruit to get me through the week and also stuff to make dinner for my mom, brother and his girlfriend.  The ever beloved Church Tent won't be at the fair this year and they were all kind of distraught. It was an icon of the 4H Fair so a lot of people are kind of confused as to what they are going to eat. Anyway, they had awesome chicken and noodles, which is what they were wanting most. Like the good daughter and sister that I am, I volunteered to make them.

After I went to the store, I headed out to the fairgrounds to watch one of our nieces and one of our nephews show in mini 4H. It was adorable. The heat got to me and I had to nap when I got home before I started cooking. Once I was rested, I began my 2 hour dinner prep. Homemade noodles take some time. They aren't hard, but they are time consuming. It was worth it though. The noodles turned out great! After dinner, I was done. I did nothing else the entire evening.

Now, fair week begins. Danny is already out there today for the pig show, and will be out there all day. I am a fair widow. I don't mind though. He lives for this week and is totally in his element. Plus, if he's out there all the time, that means I have to go out there to see him. If I have to go out there a lot, I'm bound to be hungry while I'm there. And that means fair food! :) Don't mind if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment