Jul 8, 2013

The Tale of a Pregnant Bridesmaid

I was going to do a recap of our weekend, but other than going to Symphony on the Prairie, a music show they have at this place about 45 minutes away that had a 4th of July themed Symphony, there wasn't much. We had a great time. Packed a picnic dinner, Danny enjoyed a couple brewskies (you can bring your own or buy them there. Quite the place!) and I had some Dippin' Dots :) Here are some pics from the evening.


Oh, and Danny's family reunion on Sunday, where one of his aunts convinced her family that we are legit, 100% naming this baby Jellybean. Now Danny's extended family thinks I am off my rocker. I'd be out of my mind to suggest that name and I'd be just as out of my mind to agree to that. Regardless of who would decide on that name, be it Danny or me, it would make us both crazy. (if you or someone you know has named their child Jellybean, I'm not sorry for offending you. I am sorry for said child.) I also won a scratch off in a drawing, which I won $2 on. Big money!

So, my BFF Rachael is getting married at the end of August and I am a bridesmaid. Back in January the bride, her mom, the maid of honor, another bridesmaid and myself went bridesmaid dress shopping. I was in the prime of my work out stage and also the most stressed out I have ever been in my entire life. Basically I was lookin fine, and ended up walking out with this sexy little number.



Its form fitting, showed off my newly discovered curves and I was workin it. Then I got pregnant.

I tried the dress on in May and it still fit. Stuck my stomach out as far as I could and there was A LOT of give. Since there was room for a growing stomach, I had no worries. Oh so wrong, Erin.

Tried that bitch on Saturday night and it had about an inch left unzipped. My damn boobs have outgrown the dress. The rib area was pretty snug too. Awesome. Texted the bride, slightly freaked and called my mom. I decided to call Davids Bridal the next day and see what happened. The lady on the phone was of no help and said "lead time is 8 weeks on most things" and you'll need to talk to a manager. The wedding is 7 weeks from this past Saturday.

The bride and I went to Davids Bridal last night and were in and out in under 30 minutes. The manager saw us walking in with a dress in hand and greeted us at the door. I told her in January I wasn't pregnant, now I am, and the girls are too big. She got 2 bigger sizes off the rack and left us to go about our business. The next size up already doesn't fit, but 2 sizes up was more than big enough and had room to grow in the bust area. AND there were 17 of them in stock in the warehouse. We figured there would be like 2 or 5, no. 17. Luck was on our side. Plus, I don't think I could have made a better decision to accomadate my pregnant self. The other dresses hit right at the ribs or at the very top of my stomach, which would be bad news bears come August.

So, that dress that my in progress hot bod was rockin' will still be sexy on the bump. I am a happy mama :)

No comments:

Post a Comment