Let's get to the real reason I'm here today. Weigh-In Wednesday!
Last Week: 159.0 lbs
This Week: 158.8 lbs
Change: -.2 lbs
For not being able to exercise, I'll take it. I mean, it's probably muscle loss, but whatever. My size 8 jeans still fit. That's about all I care about right now.
Next week starts the Whole30 for Danny and me. This weeks weigh-in will be my starting weight. I'm going to have to have Danny hide the scale somewhere in the garage so I don't weigh myself. I just don't think I can go an entire 30 days without weighing myself.
I'm excited to get started. Nervous, but excited. Danny definitely isn't as excited as I am. Last week, I mentioned to Danny that he should keep a mental list of all of his complaints and ailments for the next week and a half. That way we can really monitor our progress as we do this. I'm not sure if he did or not, but I've kept a mental list. Here is what has bothered me for the last week.
- I've been moody - I've had some mood swings the past couple of weeks. Now, this could easily be explained by my period finally returning. I'm sure the fried, cheesy, bad for me foods contribute to it as well. I remember being a bit calmer when I was eating better.
- I've been tired - Again, I think this could be explained by another factor, which would be not getting any exercise. No exercise could explain my mood too.
- A few headaches - I had a headache last night and I think I had one a few days ago too.
- Dry skin - I've got a couple patches of dry skin. Surprisingly, I beat my dry skin problem all winter, but there are a few patches that are developing. Like in my ear. How does that even happen?
- Cravings - Now that I've allowed dairy back in my life, I've opened myself up to things that were just off limits before. And I give in. Which leads to eating 3 pieces of chocolates, when I was just going to have one.
I'm going to be honest. The main reason I am doing the Whole30 is to lose weight. The second reason is to recreate my relationship with food. I don't want to depend on it to make me feel better. I've recreated my relationship with exercise and I've found that it does help me feel better. Weight loss is built into the program and that new relationship I'm looking for should take care of itself.
Now, I need to spend the next few days preparing for it. I've got all but a few of our meals for the first week planned out. I just need to get to the store later this week and let the games begin!