Apr 20, 2015

Weekend Recap

This weekend was the calm before the storm. Spring and summer activities begin next weekend and I have a feeling we will be extremely busy from here on out. Let the fun begin!

Friday night after we got dinner cooked, we loaded it and cleaning supplies up and headed to the camper to eat and clean. After showing it to many friends and family, it needed a good wipe down. Tucker even helped.

And we took our first camper selfie. Tucker surprisingly didn't want in on the action. 

Saturday was nonstop running around until about 7. Danny had plans to work on getting the tree by the driveway cut down with the help of his brother while Tucker and I woke up with no plans. I didn't want to sit around the house all day, so Tuck and I got ready and took off for Target and Petsmart to get stuff for the camper and a bridal shower gift for a friend.  Plus, the morning started out with Tucker sitting on my neck and pulling my eyelashes out. Staying in the house all day was hazardous to my body.

We had a successful trip! We managed to get a mattress pad, rug, a broom, duster and a camping cup for me along with an extra set of things for Diesel like bowls, small bag of food and a mat for his bowls. Almost immediately after we got back home, we loaded up again to go to lunch with Danny, his brother and his brother's kids. We went to one of the Mexican restaurants. Danny deliberately cheated on his Whole30 while I accidently did. Danny had a few chips and couple bites of tortilla on purpose and deemed it totally worth it. I missed where my salad came with beans and only ate what I couldn't avoid. After lunch Tuck and I headed out to my brother's to deal with some issues regarding property lines with the neighbors. We all came to a compromise. Could have gone worse I guess. After that, we headed home for a quick nap before eating dinner. After dinner we went to check out our friends' new camper. See, we were forced to buy a camper if we wanted to see our friends at all this summer. Tucker was being quite the character.

And when he wasn't being a character, he was walking around like this. 

He's a mess.

We went to my brother's after our friends house to visit with some of my dad's family that was in town. The visit wasn't terrible. Which is saying a lot since I was 100% stone cold sober. I usually have to be intoxicated to be around them and to find it enjoyable most of the time. After we left Danny told me I could go back out and he would deal with Tucker but I didn't want to ruin a good thing.

All of that was just on Saturday. Seriously, nonstop. So, Sunday was much needed. We went to church and the grocery and that was pretty much it. We also did a little Kool-Aid painting. Tucker enjoyed it for about 7 minutes then was over it. 

Check out this outfit though. Long sleeve shirt, sweat pant shorts, and boots. He's got style for sure!

Danny had the first half of his shift off so it was nice to have him home to help with groceries and Tucker. Especially since Tucker head butted me and almost bloodied my lip. This kid was on a mission to kill me this weekend I think. Which must have wore him out since he fell asleep chewing his dinner.

After trying to stay awake for a couple more minutes, he gave up and crashed.

Once he started snoring we knew we just needed to put him in bed. Thankfully, he slept until 3 and after an hour of snuggles and milk, he went back to sleep for another 3 hours. I was very, very nervous about what a 6:15 bedtime meant, but it went very well. I was scared for my sanity at 3 when he woke up and started grabbing the tv remotes and various books.

So, that was the weekend. The next 2 weekends are booked solid, then hopefully on Mother's Day weekend the Summers' make their camping debut!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good weekend. I can't wait to see more of your camper.