Mar 27, 2015

Friday Favorites

I am so happy that we made it to Friday. It wasn't a terribly busy week, but who doesn't love a Friday? Let's get to my favorites of the week though!

1. Yesterday I was reminded just how special friendship can be. I went to lunch with my one of my oldest friends. We have been best friends since we were in preschool. So 21 years. Practically all of our lives. Life has gotten busy for us, and we are lucky to see each other once a week, if not every other week. And we live in the same damn town. We do our best though. Yesterday during lunch we got to talking about a little bakery here in town and how the owner had just posted pictures of these delicious cookies and then I got on a roll about how I L.O.V.E. her cake pops. Lunch ends, I go back to work, and about an hour after I get to work, in waltz's my pregnant BFF with a bag of cookies and a cake pop for me. A few months ago I went through a "lonely" period. I think all mom's go through that. I was spending most of my time with a tiny human who couldn't talk, work was slow so Drew and the other guy were barely here, and I was just by myself a lot feeling like I didn't have anyone. Danny reminded me of that last night when I told him was Rachael did for me and said, "I want you to remember this" and he is right. I need to remember that I DO in fact have some of my own people.
 
2. Another favorite this week would be my leg making progress. It doesn't hurt all of the time right now, so it's getting better!
 
3. I've made some delicious food in the last couple of weeks. The last couple of weeks I've been trying to make Whole30 compliant recipes to get Danny geared up for it so that he doesn't think its going to be 30 days of pure hell. This week I made this slow cooker spinach and chicken and it was a HUGE hit. Tucker loved it. Danny doesn't even like spinach and he loved it. I plan on eating the leftovers over a baked potato today, but it would also go great with some zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash! I'll just need to find a compliant sauce next time, but this will be a perfect meal for when I have to make multiple dinners to keep Danny on the right track while at work.
 
4. Ever since Danny and I decided to give the mudroom the green light, I've been thinking hardcore about the decor. Especially the color scheme. Right now, these are my favorites.
 


 
I think I like the first one best, but with a lighter green. It's not as girly as the last one, which I think is just great, I know a certain man that would prefer one of the other 2. Our bathroom is the color scheme of the top one (minus the yellow) so I'm kind of over it. The middle resembles our wedding colors so that might be fun. A nice reminder of that beautiful day every time I walk into our home. I may have just solved the dilemma.
 
5. As of next Monday, another part of Goal #3 should be achieved! We found out yesterday that we are closing on one of our commercial buildings and my brother and I could not be more excited! We'll have one house and one other building to get rid of!
 
6. My other favorite moment of this week was going to look at our camper! When we ordered it, they said they would call us when it came in so we could look at it and decide then if we still wanted it or not. Well duh, we still want it! We go back on April 7th to sign the papers, do the final walk through and learn all about how to work the thing. We just booked our Labor Day weekend spot the other night. I had no idea you had to book so far in advance. Luckily the group we go with is nice about communicating booking details of when, where, what sites, etc. I cannot wait for this summer!
 
That is it for today! Have a good weekend! 


1 comment:

  1. Not that it matters to me, but I like the first one the best. I like the bright cheerful colors. I am glad your leg is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete