Dec 15, 2014

Weekend Recap

The Summers Family had pretty busy and pretty fun weekend.

Tucker and I had a heck of a day on Friday. Tucker had a follow-up, and last, appointment with the GI doctor at 9 in Indy. Everything went well and the doctor said nice knowing ya. So that was good news! After the appointment, we moseyed around Target finishing up some Christmas shopping and getting things for the party. Then we headed back towards home for lunch and his one year check up. He weighs 21.3 lbs and is 30 inches tall. He's gained 2 pounds in the last 3 months, which I thought was impressive since most babies weight gain slows. After that appointment we headed home and visited with a friend who had exciting news that she is pregnant! I am so, so excited! Once she left it was time for us to go watch my nieces and nephews in their school Christmas program. We had to watch from what I like to the call the "wall of shame" where all the parents with disruptive children stand. We almost had to move to the cafeteria where the very disruptive children and parents go. Tucker really wasn't being too loud, but I felt like very loud screams were upon us if we didn't start moving. After Tucker went to bed, I ate dinner, folded laundry and went to bed.

Saturday was the busiest. The day got officially started at 8am when my mom showed up to go to my brother's graduation at Ball State. We dropped Tucker off because there was no way I was keeping that kid occupied in a seat for nearly 3 hours if I didn't have too, picked Drew, his girlfriend and her mom up, then headed that way. Graduation started at 10 and we were out and at Chili's for lunch by noon where I proceeded to eat my weight in chips and salsa.

Once we got home I started cooking for the party. I made chocolate peppermint whoopie pies and red velvet whoopie pies (Courtesy of Mix and Match Mama) this easy spinach dip, and Ro-tel cups. Danny was in charge of his famous chili, then came up with meatballs and beanie weanies that I threw in the crockpot that afternoon. I don't care what kind of party you have next and what you normally make. Make the Ro-tel cups. I made 45 and they were gone before half our guests even arrived. I'm doubling the batch next time. Plus they are insanely easy. The party was a lot of fun. Tucker was inside with 2 of his cousins and a baby sitter and had some troubles sleeping (thank you Diesel). So that was kind of a buzz kill.... twice. I was able to rebound after he went to sleep the first time (thanks to Danny's mom and stepdad). The second wake up happened around 12 and I didn't feel like jumping back in at that point. Despite the hot mess baby, it was a lot of fun! The Egg Nog Extravaganza gets better and better every year I think! Case in point: we finally finished an entire keg.
My wonderful vest, light up earrings and my own Elf on a Shelf

Sunday was a lot of lounging and just playing with Tucker. Danny went shopping with a couple friends and Tucker and I went to lunch with my mom, Drew and his girlfriend. That was pretty much the extent of our Sunday and it was beautiful.

The good news is, I've made it through the two busiest weeks and weekends of the month. I can (mostly) sit back and enjoy the rest of the Christmas season!


  1. Sounds like a super fun weekend! I love your outfits, and I love Mix and Match Mama too! I actually have her sausage and corn chowder in the crockpot right now, haha!

  2. I wish I can say I can kick back starting this Friday and not ending until after New Years we are doing nothing but moving and shaking. I dread this time of year every year.... and to top it off a friend decided it was a wise idea to get married the Saturday before Christmas, as if it's not busy enough.

  3. Sounds like a fun weekend! Whatever the rotel cups are (I must click on the recipe after commenting) they sound amazing! yay for Tucker being cleared with that Dr! And yay for the preggo friend! Lots of excitement around your neck of the woods this past weekend!