1. Don't forget about the amazing Holiday Giveaway that I talked about on Monday. There are 2 days left to enter for the chance to win over $160 worth of goodies from myself and 23 other fabulous women. You can enter through HERE! So, go!
2. Yesterday was Tuck's 1st birthday! I seriously can't believe we have a 1 year old. His big birthday party isn't until Sunday, but you all know how I love birthdays. I couldn't let the little man's real birthday go uncelebrated. We did a practice round with eating cake, had his favorites for dinner (chicken and mac &cheese) and opened presents. Here are a few thoughts regarding last nights celebration. A). Why did we think Tuck would need a practice round on anything that involved food. He picked the cake up and started eating it like its something we do everyday. and B). Opening gifts is going to take the whole length of the party on Sunday if we let him do it. He was more interested in playing with the tags on the bear and clothes than the actual toys. He was also interested in the orange monkey that he's had since he was about 4 months old. Either way, we had fun celebrating. My mom got to join us for most of it too so that was nice!
3. Tucker's party is Sunday afternoon. I'll give you one guess on the theme. (Hint: baby shower was farm theme, nursery is farm theme, and Tucker loves cows)
Yep, you guessed it, its a farm birthday party! Its turning into quite the event. I think there could potentially be like 50 people there. I'll get more into the party next week. I'm pretty excited and a little stressed out about it.
4. My brother and I had a continuing education class on Wednesday down in Edinburgh. We had to leave at 6:20 and didn't get home until 6:30. Freaking horrible. However, they fed us like kings (salad, lasagna, breadsticks, soft pretzels with cheese for a snack) and we came up with a new tradition for on the way home. On the brewery tour Danny and I went on a few weeks ago, we had a definite favorite, which was Sun King. Well, it just so happens that due to never ending construction, the best route to 2 of the common class locations is through downtown and right past the brewery. I can't think of a better way to treat myself after 6 grueling hours of continuing ed than picking up some beer. If you're in the Indy area or an hour away and can think of any reason to grab a drink, do yourself a favor and visit Sun King! I recommend Sunlight Cream Ale and Java Mac!
5. Lastly, I've felt like shit this entire week. Today is the first day that I haven't felt like I could fall asleep at any given second. That really made class on Wednesday super enjoyable. I've went to bed at 8:30 or 9 the past 2 nights and it sure has helped. Its amazing what sleep can do. This sickness has put me behind on my T25 workouts though and I'm in the home stretch. The last freakin week and my body decides to get sick. Lovely I know. So, I've decided to not push myself too hard, but do it when I feel like I can and if it goes into next week then it goes into next week. At least I will finish! Plus, I was taking next week off to deal with parties (3 total), Christmas programs, and Danny working Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Despite wanting to sleep until 6am again, I got up at 5 and got a workout in. It was ugly and I definitely struggled, but I did it.
That's what has been going on this busy first week of December. I have a feeling I'm going to blink and it'll be 2015 before I know it.