Nov 12, 2014

Weigh-In Wednesday

Despite all of my unintentional efforts to gain 5 pounds this weekend by eating no less than 3 cookies a day, stuffing my face with free macaroni and cheese and washing it down with free margaritas (seriously, why do free margs taste better than margs you have to pay for?!), I managed to not gain 5 pounds. As a matter of fact, I even saw a loss this morning! A pretty shocking one too!

 
Last Weigh-In (mid-September): 165.2 lbs
Today's Weigh-In: 159.6 lbs
Change: -5.6 lbs
 
 
A 5.6 pound loss. I'm not really sure what happened there. Actually, its probably due to the fact that I'm not carrying around a bunch of extra milk since my breastfeeding journey is coming to an end. I'll get to that at some point in the next couple of weeks. Or, its because I finally started treating my body the way it needed to be treated. It has felt so good to get back on track.
 
A few years ago, after a weekend of not giving too much thought about what I put in my mouth, I would have just kept going in that direction. Eating poorly Friday, Saturday and Sunday would have led to eating poorly Monday through Thursday too. Then it would be the weekend again, and eating healthy on the weekend is dumb, because its the weekend. And lets not forget, working out on the weekends is classified as overachieving.
 
That thought process got me nowhere, except for 10-20 pounds heavier and feeling bad about myself. That "moment" that people who are tired of being overweight (or new moms who are still carrying around the baby belly) have when they've had enough happened a week and a half ago. That moment where enough is enough.  That moment where you get off the couch, put your tennis shoes on, and get to work. That moment when instead of ordering pizza or Chinese, you eat some chicken and veggies. That moment when you realize if you don't get it together, you're going to be huffing and puffing while you chase your child around the house.
 
Right now, I am taking it day by day. Holiday parties start next weekend for us. I can't keep my eating and exercise perfect. Depriving myself of treats doesn't work well for me long-term. It only works for about 3 days. If I keep myself in check the other days of the week, hopefully the times where I treat myself are just that, a treat and not a binge!
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. OK so I am completely jealous. 5.6 Lbs! That's awesome! Great job. And I know exactly what you mean, there is no way I could deny myself a treat. It's just a mater of eating one or two pieces instead of the whole plate. I also really like that saying, so much so that I'm making is my lock screen on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the loss!! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy cow! that is an awesome loss.

    ReplyDelete