Nov 17, 2014

Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend this weekend. Nothing too extraordinary, but still pretty wonderful.

Friday night Danny made dinner.  After not grilling all summer and fall, he decided that the first very cold week of the year would be a great time to make up for that. Whatever, I didn't have to make dinner! He grilled pork steaks, made some au gratin potatoes and I cooked some broccoli in the microwave.  It was all very delicious. So nice and delicious that I even took a picture!
 
Hi, my name is Tucker and I like to take big drinks of water just to spit it out all over my shirt.
Danny worked on Saturday, so it was a Tuck and mommy day. After playing for a couple of hours, we got ready to head to my mom's to meet her for lunch and to just spend some time together. She hadn't seen Tucker in 2 weeks and was close to losing her mind. I treated myself to Starbucks on the way down to extend Tucker's naptime. We had lunch at Houlihans where Tucker ate practically everything in sight. Then, after returning something at Old Navy and buying coffee at Bed, Bath and Beyond, I made a promise to myself to not go out to any sort of shopping center on a Saturday for the rest of the Christmas shopping season. People are f'ing nuts and it stresses me out. Online and weeknight shopping for the win. We actually went to Target too, which surprisingly wasn't that bad crowd wise, especially since it was a Saturday afternoon and at one of the busiest exits near Indy. I'd go there again. After dropping my mom off at her apartment, Tucker and I headed home for the evening. We ate dinner, played and both practically went to bed.  I stayed up a little longer than Tucker to fold some laundry and plan my grocery trip for Sunday morning. Saturday nights have gotten wild. 




Sunday started out kind of rough. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed I think. Which is unfortunate because I got a solid 8 hours of sleep. Well, actually Tucker was up for 40ish minutes around 12 because of his damn teeth that refuse to come in, but other than that, it was a pretty decent stretch for me.  Danny was splitting wood and drinking beer with his BFF all day so Tuck and I were on our own again. We hit the grocery early to avoid crowds and I will be doing that as often as I can. Sunday mornings at the grocery are wonderful! And Tucker was a complete angel. No fussing, no throwing his sippy cup down, didn't demand a crunchy or animal cracker every 3 steps. On the way home, my XM radio was helping me relive my middle school and high school days. I LOOOOVE the Pop2K station. So many memories.


After a stressful lunch time, Tucker and I both needed naps. We parked it in the recliner and both went right to sleep. I got a good hour and 15 minutes, and Tucker slept for 2 and a half hours! It was a lovely little break. Once we woke up, Danny was finally home and we all ate dinner together. Yesterday was a perfect crock pot meal day. I made chicken and dumplings and they were so yummy. Once dinner was over, there was some play time and then an hour and a half battle at bedtime. That boy is so stubborn. My mom is probably laughing her ass off at that statement since I was/am very stubborn. Once he was finally asleep, I started Week 3 of T25, showered and right as I was getting ready to dry my hair and go to bed, Tucker started fussing. He went back to sleep after a few snuggles and some nursing, then it was off to bed for me!

It was a pretty standard weekend. Like I said, nothing too exciting but certainly not boring.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an eventful weekend being a busy mommy! Haha! :) That's nice that Danny cooked dinner! I wish my husband would do that sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you - I don't care what time of year it is if my husband wants to grill dinner in a blizzard the go for it. Oliver's teeth are coming in like crazy and he has been up and down for about 3 weeks now. It is starting to get better and I am can really see the start of the teeth so I hope you can get some relief soon too.

    ReplyDelete