Jun 9, 2014

Weekend Recap

The Summers family had a fun and tiring weekend.

It started early Saturday morning as I got everything ready for my very first 5K. I fed the baby, got dressed, had a bagel thin and waited on Danny to get home. We dropped the babe off at his mom's and headed to the middle school where we got our packets and I prayed the school was open so I could pee, again. Everyone gathered at the start line about 5 minutes before it started and then off we went. Danny hadn't ran at all basically since last June and I didn't make it all the way through C25K so we agreed that walking in the beginning was in our best interest. After we walked about a 1/2 mile, we started jogging. I ran most of it, but I slowed down to wait on Danny and he said "WTF are you doing? Don't wait on me" So, off I went. I ran up the dreaded hill that Danny warned me about just to say I did then walked just a little bit before I jogged the rest of the way. I would guess I ran about 2.5 miles out of the 3.1. I will say this, running in the morning versus at 5 pm, aka the hottest part of the day, is so much better! I may keep running up on the weekends. But we'll see. My time was 38:20something I think and Danny finished about 30 seconds later. I wanted to make it under 40 minutes and I did just that. So yay!

After the race we picked up some breakfast and got ready for my mom's work picnic. We got to her place, got the coolers loaded in the vehicles and headed to the park that was 20 minutes away. It took us a damn hour to get there. Note to all work event planners: Pick a location that isn't nestled in the middle of a damn extremely wooded park with shitty signs. We got so f'ing lost. Gigi had a great time showing off her grandbaby in person. Of course everyone already knew who Tuck was since as we walked up we heard about 3 people say "Tucker's here!" It was pretty cute. After the picnic, Danny and I dropped my brother and Megan off at a concert and we headed to Sams Club. That was our date. Never again will we go to Sams without a list and a plan. We just started grabbing shit. $430 and a packed to the gills Jeep later, we headed to get Tuck from my mom and headed home.

Sunday we got up and went to church then took Danny's mom to Cracker Barrel. They had the best high chairs by the way. Tuck hasn't mastered sitting yet so they were perfect for him. 

After breakfast we headed home, lounged for a bit, and visited with some family. After they left, I dozed off a bit then got dinner in the crock pot and cleaned the kitchen a little bit. Sunday was just a random ass day. Which is fine. After Tucker went to bed we rearranged the living room so we could see if a recliner would fit. Good news is it will. We also have so much more room for activities!

Now its time for another work week. I have a feeling its the last calm one before it gets crazy around here. Have a good Monday everyone!


  1. Congrats on your race!!!!! Under 40 is incredible, especially for your first. I just started running again after about a year off. I'm doing 2 halfs in the fall. I am looking forward to getting back to it!!! Tucker is just precious.

  2. So I read today's post first-it's already been a week from hell. Congrats again on the run and your awesome time. I have been rearranging my house too... I am looking to get rid of stuff (including husbands recliner-hate that thing).