Mar 11, 2014

long time no see

Well Hello! I know its been a while, but don't say I didn't warn you. Life has been pretty crazy lately, partly good, partly bad. What has happened since I left off two whole Mondays ago?

Grammy lost her fight on February 27th at 12:03 a.m.  On Thirsty Thursday.  My dad's favorite part of the week was Thirsty Thursday. It was so fitting that she waited until a Thursday to go be with him again. We had her showing and funeral the following Monday and Tuesday. We actually had what seemed like a pre-funeral party. Who does that? My family of course. There was nothing she loved more than a party (aside from my dad, aunt and her grandkids). My aunt's friends from where she lives were in town and we got together out in the barn at my brother's with them, my dads friends and our family.  It lightened the mood of a sad time so it was kind of nice. A week before she passed, she got to "hold" Tucker one more time. It was so precious to see. He gave her quite a few smiles in her last days and I'll never forget it.
Tucker and his Great Grammy.

Nothing will ever be as interesting as the ceiling fan

My eating has been less than stellar the last couple of weeks. Between work being crazy, rushing here and there, and the funeral, I've been slacking off. Hardcore. I really need to buckle down. Summertime is going to be here before I know it and at this point, putting shorts on makes me want to cry, let alone what a bathing suit would be like. I wasn't going to go to Zumba this week due to it being the last week of sales season at work, but I felt like a busted can of biscuits all day yesterday, so I'm going.

Tucker turned 3 months old last Tuesday. He is such a good baby and I am so lucky.  He gets really fussy in the evenings, but he sleeps through the night. I'm not talking 6 hours, I'm talking 8-10 hours. It. Is. Wonderful! So, I'll take the couple hours of fussiness over him not sleeping all night long any day. The fussiness is just him wanting to eat, eat and eat until its bedtime. Speaking of bedtime, all week last week I was worried about how he'd react to the time change. Normal bedtime for him is between 9 and 9:30, which meant he wouldn't go to sleep until 10 or 10:30. Nope. He fooled me. He started winding down at 8:30 last night and was in bed by 9. Which was really 8. At this rate, he's gonna get a freakin Corvette for his 16th birthday. 

That's what has been going on since I last left off. Nothing too exciting, but that's okay.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your Grandma. I hope she is in a better place and no longer suffering. I'm sure she will be greatly missed!! It is so sweet that she got to hold Tucker! Those moments and pictures will be cherished for many years to come! :)