Apr 21, 2016

Blog Challenge: 20 Facts About Me

In an effort to get back into the swing of blogging, I'm going to be doing a 31 Day Blog Challenge. I'm just challenging myself haha. Starting today, I'll be using the template to fill in the space between the typical Weekend Recap and occasional Friday Favorites. Hopefully this sparks my creativity a little bit and gets me back into the groove!

I'm skipping the Introduction one since most of you "know" me already and listing facts about myself is kind of like introducing myself to you, right? Right.

Okay, so here we go:

1. My mom and dad named me after someone on the show The Waltons. They had about 4 different names picked out and when they saw Erin on TV that was it.
2. Danny and I will celebrate 8 years together in 2 weeks from tomorrow. We dated off and on our senior year, then decided the night before prom that this was the real deal. We've been together ever since. August 5th we will celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary.
3. I'm mama to Tucker, who is almost 2 1/2, and a furbaby named Diesel, who will be 6 in May. Both drive me to the point of insanity on a daily basis but also give me so much love that I don't know how I ever lived without either of them.
 
4. My dad died in 2010, when I was 20 years old. Being a daddy's girl, I wanted to work with my dad at his insurance agency "when I grew up." So, I grew up the day he died and took over. Its been a wild ride full of uncertainty at some points, but the insurance agency is still here!
5. I love my birthday. I think birthdays need to be celebrated for an entire week in order to get everything in that you want to do: dinner with family, dinner with friends, date with your spouse, a day to spend doing what you want to do. One day is not enough time.
6. The number of days you celebrate Mother's Day should be equivalent to the number of kids you have.
7. I'm still living in the same small town I grew up in. Danny grew up here too.
8. Every year, we celebrate Easter 3 times, Thanksgiving 4 times, and Christmas 4 times. And everyone wonders why I think my birthday needs more than one day.
9. I won Best Personality for my senior class.
10. I played softball for 14 years and volleyball for 5. Volleyball was my favorite. My nieces have reached the age where they can start playing. I watched them play a couple weeks ago and have had a strong desire to hit a volleyball ever since.
11. I have met Blake Shelton twice - once at a concert in 2009 and on my honeymoon in Nashville in 2011.
12. I've never talked about this on here before, but I have ADD. I didn't realize I had it until I was in college and at one point at a 2.7 GPA. I took Adderall during college and stopped about a year and a half after Danny and I got married. I started taking it again before the holidays last year after my life started getting a little out of control. It helped me get my shit together enough that I feel comfortable with things enough to not take it anymore in hopes of getting pregnant.
13. I have one younger brother, Drew. We work together at our dad's agency. It's interesting, but we've come a long way since we started working together and things are working out really well.
 
14. I love hosting parties. We have a Christmas Party every year called the Egg Nog Extravaganza, I threw my mom a surprise 50th birthday and this weekend I am throwing my future sister-in-law a bridal shower.
15. Captain Morgan with coconut La Croix and a splash of lime juice is my beverage of choice.
16. I am a Beachbody coach after falling in love with PiYo. I've noticed that being a thing. You fall in love with a  program and it inspires you to want to share it with everyone you know.
17. I love cooking but I hate doing dishes. That creates a problem for #14.
18. I like painting. Rooms, not pictures. Although I did paint some BFF wine glasses for a friend and me that turned out way better than I expected. I was expecting to have to throw them in the garbage but they turned out well enough to actually give her hers.
19. I also like wine. haha.
20. I am becoming addicted to workout clothing. I just finished month one of PiYo (again) and a new outfit is my reward.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you like Piyo. I love to cook too but hate dishes, what makes it worse is we do not have a dishwasher. I was going to do this challenge too to get me back into posting everyday and then decided ah... maybe some other time.

    ReplyDelete