May 27, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

Hello. It has been a while since I've been here. I've had a lot going on and just haven't felt the urge to write anything. But, today one of my most favorite bloggers, Mix and Match Mama, is hosting a great link up with a couple of her friends. It's What's Up Wednesday and each month they ask a list of questions (same questions) with a bonus question, the questions that get asked every month are below. I love these types of link ups!

 
What we're eating... My memorial day weekend diet consisted of pasta salad, rum and cheese. So that went well. We're TRYING to eat per the Whole30 guidelines during the week. I don't incorporate bread or cheese into our meals, but we also don't exclude them as possible toppings. We're doing okay though. Last night we had brats (though I'm sure they weren't compliant) and peppers with sauce over spaghetti squash. Thursday will be Egg Roll in a Bowl with pork. Weekends have been full of plans and not so great for us food. I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about it.
 
What I'm reminiscing about... around this time of year, I think about my dad a lot. The memories that I have of him, but lately its been the memories we should have had the chance to make. Mostly of him with Tucker. It is heartbreaking knowing he isn't here to spoil him rotten, beam with pride the first time he hits a baseball or teach him how to say the word "shit" despite me begging him not too. That's the kind of Papaw he would have been. Him not being here for that stuff hurts more than him not being able to walk me down the aisle or dance with me at my wedding. Okay, enough sad stuff.
 
What I'm loving... per Mix and Match Mama's recommendation, I purchased some Skechers GOWalks for our trip to Alaska. They are similar to these except mine are navy blue. They are the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever put on my feet. I'm going to wear these every chance I get. I'm a Tom's and Sperry's girl, but these will be ideal for traveling. And the zoo. And walking around my house. And even sitting in my house. I love them, can't you tell?
 
What we've been up too... what haven't we been up too? Our mudroom is in full swing.

 
The foundation is being worked on right now, then according to the contractor, it should go pretty quickly from there. With each passing day I get more and more excited about the extra space. We went camping this past weekend and had so much fun. Tucker was kind of a butthead for part of it, but most 1 year olds are at some point. Diesel went with us the first night, but stayed with Danny's mom the second night. He wasn't loving all the "humping" another dog was doing to him. Poor guy. We're also getting ready for our trip to Alaska. There is a lot to do to get ready to leave at work and at home.
 
What I'm dreading...A 4 hour flight with Tucker and the fact that I'm going to be spending some time in a court room in the next few months for 2 separate issues. I'm going to leave it at that.
 
What I'm working on... mentally and physically preparing for our trip and for the craziness at work that starts my first day back. June will be nuts. July will also be nuts. Danny and I tend to thrive under this type of chaos so we'll be fine.
 
What I'm excited about... being away for 12 days. I'm not looking forward to leaving Diesel for that long, but it'll still be fun. Then when we get back I've got a bachelorette weekend, 2 weddings, my best friend's baby, fair week, a camping trip, another baby, and our anniversary. See what I mean by chaos?
 
What I'm watching/reading... honestly, nothing. I need to figure out what books to put on my Kindle before our trip. I haven't turned the tv on to watch something, aside from Sesame Street and Bob the Builder, since I watched the Scandal finale last week, which was a week after it aired.
 
What I'm listening to... I still haven't uploaded my iTunes to my new phone (that I got in February) so I'm listening to the few that were actually on the Cloud over and over again. Its fine.
 
What I'm wearing... my GOWalks and despite my poor eating, size 8 jeans still. Whoop whoop!
 
What I'm doing this weekend... spending lots of time with family. For Mother's Day gifts to our moms, we are taking them with us for Tucker's first trip to the zoo! Then Saturday night we are staying at my moms with my brother and his girlfriend hopefully cookout and swim. Then going to an Indianapolis Indians game on Sunday. It should be fun weekend!
 
What I'm looking forward to next month... after 5 years of talking about it and planning, the big Alaskan Cruise is finally here!
 
What else is new... I think Tucker is trying to weasel his way into sleeping in our bed. We lay in there every night right before his bedtime. He LOVES laying in our bed. He's only taken one nap in there so I'm not sure where the love came from. After the cruise we are probably going to convert his crib to the bed. He sleeps well in the camper bed and if he set his mind too it, he could climb out of his crib. So its about time.
 
And the bonus question... what is your favorite thing to grill next month? We don't do a lot of grilling, but we always say we want to grill more. I'm thinking shishkabobs and maybe pizza are up for the summer.
 
Whew, that was a lot of info! But I feel like I've caught up on what has been going on.

4 comments:

  1. I was wanting to blog today but was having a brain fart I may rob this idea on my lunch... Oliver is trying to weasel his way into our bed recently too. He has been in a big boy bed for about 2 months now BECAUSE he was attempting to crawl out of his baby bed and the fact that we will need said bed in October so we figured it was time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that Memorial Day diet – sounds quite like mine except sub the rum for wine. I could eat pasta salad for lunch every day in the summer! Good luck with the whole 30 during the week – we’re trying our hardest to eat our best during the week right now too! Sounds like you have a fun and busy summer ahead to celebrate just about every milestone! Stopping by from the linkup :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that your Memorial Day meals of rum, pasta salad & cheese sounds amazing!
    Thanks for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to catch up on what you've been up to! I love these types of posts. Yay for the Alaskan trip coming up! Best of luck with Tucker on the plane! I've heard great things about those gowalks... I think you've just made me decide that I need some!! Shishkabobs are my favorite meal for camping. I prep everything at home and put it in a big Ziploc baggie with Italian dressing. Yum.

    ReplyDelete