Jun 1, 2015

Family Weekend

This year for Mother's Day, we opted for giving experiences rather than items. This weekend those experiences, and memories were made.

Our moms love the zoo. My mom has talked about taking Tucker to the zoo since I was pregnant with him. Danny's mom usually has a zoo membership and Christmas at the Zoo is almost an annual tradition.  It was only appropriate that they join us for Tucker's first trip. I was a little worried that Tucker wouldn't think too much of it since he's going to be 18 months old this week. I was so very fortunately wrong. The kid loved it! At first he wasn't so sure about the sharks (me either, buddy!) and fish, but once we hit the penguins the excitement came out.

 
This is where he discovered his love of penguins like his daddy.
 
He's got both of them wrapped around his fingers.
 
The orangutans were another favorite. He yelled at them. Multiple times.



 
 
We shelled out the extra money to ride the train and carousel. Worth it.
 


We timed it perfectly and were done seeing everything just as nap time approached.
 

The rest of the weekend was the rest of my moms gift and included my brother and his girlfriend. And our dog and their dog.  My mom also talks about us all staying the night at her place a lot and it never happened. Until this Saturday. We hung out, ordered pizza, enjoyed some drinks, and played Cards Against Humanity. I know I'm late to the party on this, but that game is hysterical! Definitely some awkward moments when you're playing with family (though, not as awkward when you're eating lunch at the zoo and your mom asks you what the "bruise" on your neck came from), but still LOTS of fun. The Lemon-ade-ritas might be my favorite.


Sunday was an early day for those with a toddler, meaning Danny and me. We went to Starbucks to get him out of the house so those without small children could sleep. We took Diesel too since he's just as disrupting. After driving around for a bit, we got back to my moms and she made breakfast. Pancakes and bacon! We were going to go to the Indianapolis Indians game, but the weather was crappy and our seats were in the lawn. It had rained all night and all morning so that would have been a mess! The big boys went to the gun show (literally and not the muscle/gym kind) and the girls and little boy went shopping. Tucker and Danny needed more clothes for our cruise and Drew's girlfriend hadn't been shopping in months. We all met for Mexican for a late lunch then headed home shortly after.

It was such a great weekend that we can hopefully repeat again.

5 comments:

  1. I can tell he had fun by that pic of him knocked out!!! That is cool you guys spent the night at momma's house and I have never heard if that game, I gotta check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO awesome! I'm all about experiences over things and I'm sure your moms appreciated it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! I just did a post last week about my trip to the zoo with Alayna's class, you'll have to read it lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a perfect weekend. The weather was crappy here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect weekend! I love the idea of time rather than items as a gift! And it's great that both your moms can enjoy time with Tucker together! (I laughed out loud about the "bruise" comment! Ha!)

    ReplyDelete