Aug 11, 2014

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was the first of a few busy weekends we have coming up.

Friday I decided to leave work a little early and go snuggle with Tucker. I'm not sure what came over me but I just missed that little guy and work has calmed down tremendously so out the door I went. We went home and laid in bed giggling back and forth while we waited on Danny to get home. He went car shopping with my brother so he was gone all day. After Danny got home I headed into town for some weekend essentials.
Beer for Daddy, Wine for Mommy, Juice for Tucker and Chips for fun

Shortly after I got home, we had some friends over for pizza (pizza for them, unimpressive, not worth the calories wings for me) and catching up. We were going to make a game night of it, but they were both battling colds so they went home. It worked out since Tucker woke up right before they left and decided he wanted to party until close to 12:30. Mama was tired!

Saturday morning Danny had class, which he drove himself too. Reminder: he has a cast on his right foot. So, that wasn't at all nerve wracking! Tucker and I had made a trip to Meijer to spoil a certain little boy. I realized last week that Tucker had like no toys that he could actually play with read: make a bunch of racket with and since he likes to turn his playmat upside down I figured he was getting bored. So, toy shopping we went. And I'd say he's pretty happy with the outcome!

That afternoon Tucker and I drove almost 2 hours to a baby shower that lasted all of an hour. It was for one of my sorority sisters and I am the unofficial godmother to her 3 year old little boy. I say unofficial because I wasn't invited to the christening but was asked to be his godmother. Anyways, I hadn't seen her in almost 2 years so I figured it was worth the drive. And my prayers of a sleeping baby there and back were answered. Thank God!

We had another busy Sunday in the books. A trip to the grocery where Tuck got called a "beautiful little girl" twice, visiting with Danny's dad, a visit from my mom, cleaning the kitchen, Chinese take out, baby bathing, and laundry folding. I was pretty beat. Does anyone else feel like a million bucks after they clean their kitchen? I mean, I didn't scrub anything or clean behind the toaster, but I did a decent job with the minimal work I did. My mood was instantly lifted.

The weekend didn't end without tears though. My mom had to put her baby Ozzy down.  He was diagnosed with diabetes about a month and a half ago. My mom couldn't afford the treatment (like hundreds of dollars per month) so she was just letting him ride it out thinking he had months left. They went for a walk on Friday, then when she got up Saturday he was a completely different dog in the worst way. When she got home from her visit last night, she didn't think he would make it through the night, and didn't really want him to live like that. I mean, the dog refused a slice of cheese. Ozzy doesn't turn down food of any kind. Ever. Period. So, Danny and my brother went down to get  my mom and Ozzy, then went to do what needed done at the vet. My mom stayed with us last night and is loving on Tucker this morning to help boost her spirits. That dog was part of her life for 10 years and her rock since my dad died. He was her best friend. So sad!


  1. So sorry about Ozzy! Losing a pet is so hard! Other than that sounds like you had a good weekend!

  2. Sorry to hear about Ozzy. Sending your mom prayers and happy thoughts. Your weekend sounded busy but fun. Tucker's hair is cracking me up.

  3. Awwwww! How sad about your Mom and Dad's dog! Losing a pet is so hard! Other than that, sounds like a good weekend! I like the picture of the cart and "chips for fun". Haha :) Tucker's hair certainly is a little crazy isn't it?! So damn cute though!