Aug 25, 2014

My "Relaxed" Weekend

I had been looking forward to this past weekend for over a month. It was considered my birthday weekend, we had plans with friends and we were leaving Tucker overnight for the first time. All so that I could relax and take a break. Yeah, breaks don't happen in my world. But, the weekend still did not disappoint!

Friday we had plans to go eat Mexican with my family to celebrate my birthday. I'll do a birthday recap tomorrow. It was a pretty good one. Except when I picked Tucker up from my mother-in-laws house he was burning up. He had a fever Thursday night and almost all day Friday. I assumed it was due to his top teeth coming in (bottom teeth are a cake walk compared to the top)but we stayed home to be safe and ordered pizza and watched a movie with my mom, brother and his girlfriend.

Saturday was much better for Tucker. We went to swim lessons even though he was still in the 99 degrees range. He was chewing and slobbering all morning so I felt comfortable taking him. Plus the cool water could only help him feel better at that point. Again, Tucker did great at swimming. The instructor was so impressed with how calm he is in the water. He loves it! Just soaks it all in and lets me do all the work. My mom went with us because she stayed with us this weekend so she could keep Tucker Saturday. After swimming we went home so I could start getting ready for our night away. Danny said we were going so I could "relax" for  a night. Well, no one thought about the two hours worth of work it would take for me to get ready to relax. And on 5 hours of sleep. I had to pack our clothes, a cooler, pillows and blankets, get our chairs, shower, get ready, go get beer and some Captain, get gas, get ice, stop at the grocery, and then drive almost an hour to the campground. I cannot wait until next summer when we have a camper of our own and half the shit will already be packed for me. In the end, it was worth all the running around. I got up there and had a great time! I enjoyed some Captain and Diet Coke, chatted with our friends (something I don't get to do often) and I did get to relax. Very worth it. Tucker also did very well for our first full night apart which is very relieving.

Sunday was a pretty good day. Danny and I were home by 10:30. We had plans to make salsa but our tomatoes didn't do well enough to warrant starting the whole canning salsa process. I would have gotten like 3 jars and that's just not worth it to me. Plus, Tucker stuck to me like glue yesterday. Making salsa with a baby on my hip would have been difficult. So, we ordered Chili's take out, cleaned the Jeep out, started cleaning up the desk area and played. A perfect little Sunday.

As much as I like having stuff to do on the weekends, I am very much looking forward to this coming weekend. We just have swimming and Danny has class Saturday. That's it. We were invited to go camping again, but I need a weekend to recover from the month of August. Every weekend has been jam packed.
Seriously though. Mama needs a break!

That's all for now. Now I have to figure out what the hell I'm going to do at work today!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! Weekends spent doing nothing are much better than actually going out! haha! Glad you had a good time at the campground though! Once you have your own camper you'll be buying two of everything {one for the house, one for the camper} and then you'll never have to pack all that shit again! Haha! :)