Feb 28, 2017

37 weeks

If I had to bet money on whether or not I'd be writing this post, I would have lost the money. I cannot believe I am posting a 37 week bumpdate. Those shots were worth every penny since they did their job!





Baby size: swiss chard
Any symptoms?  everything boobs down hurts. BP is still in the normal range, but getting higher.
Favorite part this week? Making it through the week!
Least favorite part this week? The waiting game
Boy or Girl? GIRL!
Names? Charlee Danielle











I just might make it to March! Originally I felt like this could be a long shot, but after the gestational diabetes diagnosis and learning that Charlee was a little thing, it became a little more realistic. However, this past weekend I was nervous that she would arrive simply because it would have been inconvenient.
1. My sister-in-law that will be my nurse, and actually deliver the baby, had a bachelorette party Friday night.
2. Danny worked Friday and Sunday.
3. My OB was out of town all weekend.
4. As of my 36 week appointment last Thursday, I am 2 cm dilated already. I realize this doesn't mean much, but on top of 1-3 and 5 it was just icing on the cake.
5. Storms were in the forecast for Friday night making all of this quite literally the perfect storm for labor to start.

The storm for Friday night fizzled out and I remained pregnant. I took Friday afternoon off work so I could rest before my solo-parenting weekend and when the first wave of rain came through, I was having contractions every 18-20 minutes. That was making me pretty nervous! But, here I am hoping we get the storms they are saying are possible tonight so I WILL go into labor haha.

My diabetes experience is going okay. My numbers have been elevated, but we've attributed that to being sick and I've just gotten kind of lax with the diet since I learned she most likely won't be the typical bigger diabetes baby. But, I've gotten my eating back under control and my numbers are looking better. Its mostly been because the Girl Scout cookies are gone but whatever. They've been higher this morning, but I also had to have a snack at 4 am. I don't know if this means things are happening or if I the extra oreo I had after dinner was a bad idea. Who knows.

I'm nearing the point where I'm ready to be done. Everything hurts, I'm not sleeping well (this is partially due to pregnancy, partially due to dog and kid), and I've 99% mentally checked out of work. Having 2 kids scares that absolute shit out of me, but I'll survive. I probably won't thrive, but I'll survive haha.

Hopefully this is my last update! I'm ready to meet this sweet girl!

3 comments:

  1. You got this momma. I was fine when I thought about 2 kids it was the 3rd that scared the crap out of me. I am thinking you are along the same track as my SIL who is having a girl as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO close!! You will be just fine with 2, I remember being so freaked out about it too, but once the second came home, everything just felt normal, if that makes any sense?? I can't wait to "meet" little Charlee!!!

    ReplyDelete