1. Speaking of me being kind of dumb. Does pregnancy brain just turn into mom brain? Mom brain that is completely taken over by eating schedules, sleep deprivation and running yourself ragged. I forgot about a meeting Danny and I had with our life insurance agent. When she showed up at my office at 9:30 yesterday I immediately said Oh Shit and called Danny. Luckily she understood that I'd been a little frazzled lately with getting back to work and having a newborn in the house. Then at lunch I asked Danny to get a box off the porch that I had forgotten about. I assumed it was his gun holster. Nope it was a Target box. I legit thought for about the whole 2 minutes it took to open that I had ordered something and totally forgot. Wouldn't put it past me these days. Fortunately that wasn't the case and it was a gift for Tucker from my cousin.
2. Tucker turned 2 months old on Wednesday. How did that even happen? Wasn't it just yesterday that Danny was driving like a mad man to the hospital because my water broke? He has his 2 month appointment today and I can't wait to see what his little chunky butt weighs. He's getting little rolls on his thighs. So precious. I posted these pics on Instagram (erinshell10) the other day to mark his 2 month birthday.
3. You know when someone tells you a story and you immediately get chills? That's what happened when I heard about The Band Perry paying for a family's funeral expenses. On January 30th, a rural farm house in Kentucky caught on fire. The dad and one daughter were able to escape but the mom and the EIGHT other children didn't survive. Their community was trying to raise money to help pay for the funerals and The Band Perry caught wind of it and said they'd take care of it. How freakin awesome?! I've enjoyed the music they've put out the last few years, but this makes me love them even more!
4. So, the Olympics. I'm not super pumped about them. I LOVE the summer Olympics though. Volleyball and gymnastics make my day. I guess I'm kind of excited about the ice skating and I can probably get into snowboarding, but that's about it. Are you excited about them at all? Apparently some of the athletes told their parents to stay home because they didn't want to risk anything happening to them over there in Sochi. Also, there's the whole #SochiProblems on Twitter. Sounds like they dropped the ball on getting ready with hotels not being finished and roads still under construction. Nice move, Sochi.
5. Finally, getting my eating habits under control has been more challenging than I expected. I forget to log stuff into LoseIt all the time. Hell, I'm lucky to remember to put deodorant on in the mornings, which I almost forgot again this morning. I've continued eating like I'm pregnant. During those 9 months, I justified things with "Ah, I'm growing a human" and that made it okay. Well that has shifted to "I'm breastfeeding so I can eat that second cheeseburger" No. Just no, Erin. Its so hard to get your shit together when you've slacked off for nearly a year. Today is a new day though.
|Can I get an Amen?!|
I hope you all have a great weekend! Stay nice and warm!