2015 FLEW by, but I'm not all that mad about it. I'll be honest, it was a rough year for me. I'm happy to see a new year start and can't wait to see what 2016 has in store for our family.
Today I'm linking up with Andrea @ Momfessionals for Show & Tell Tuesday to reintroduce myself and share some resolutions for this new year. I really love Show & Tell Tuesday. I like when someone tells me what to write. Sometimes I don't want to make anymore decisions and link-ups take the work out of it.
Here is a little bit of history on me....
My parents were high school sweethearts and raised my brother and me in the same town where they met and went to high school. I played volleyball until I was a junior and softball (or some form) from the time I was 4 years old until I graduated high school (and then played again at 25 years old). My senior year, the guy that I had been flirting with for 2 years and I decided to give it a try, and here we are today! Married with a 2 year old human child and a 5 year old 4-legged child.
Okay, so for the resolutions. I've tried to keep them simple and broad this year. I'm also going to work on them a little bit at a time, especially #3.
1. Take more pictures - I was the picture taking queen of my immediate family in high school. Every event was documented. Now, not so much. Sure, I have plenty of selfies of the everyday stuff with Tucker, but not events like holidays and us out doing things.
2. Give up pop - This one is simple. I did it in high school and it lasted for about 3 1/2 years. Its time to do it again. I'm even going to cut it out of cocktails. I'm doing this one cold turkey.
3. Take care of myself - The little things like moisturize my skin and the big ones like eat right and get enough sleep. I am hoping to spend part, if not most, of 2016 pregnant and would love to have a healthy pregnancy. Who doesn't, right? I'm trying to implement 1-2 habits every week or so I don't get overwhelmed.
4. Move my body - I recently started Piyo (which I looooove) and we bought a treadmill. I have no specific goals for weight loss or clothing sizes due to wanting to get pregnant sometime this year, but I want to MOVE!
5. Stay organized - Last year I made a bill book to track our bills and it went SO well. I made another for this year and even came up with a payment schedule. I also hired a cleaning lady to come every other week. It helps me stay sane. Our mudroom addition is almost done and that one is going to really help.
6. Quit biting my nails. - I caught the human child biting his the other day. My mom said I started biting mine when I was 2, so this is just the cycle of life right here. Right now they are pretty and ready to be painted, as soon as I can find time to apply polish and let it dry x 2.
That's it for this year! I made some goals for work as well, but those are boring.
Good luck to everyone who made resolutions this year!