Jul 28, 2014

The Last July Weekend

I seriously cannot believe that the last weekend in July has come and gone. I blinked and missed July. I guess that's what happens when your husband breaks his foot during your busiest time at work and your days run together. July was like 4 long days, with each week being a day.

This weekend was one that is worth talking about though. It was interesting, fun, and productive.

Friday was spent at the pediatric gastroenterologist with Tuck. The doctor said the first place to start is generally eliminating dairy to test for a milk protein intolerance. Since we are still breastfeeding, that means no dairy for mama. No milk. No milk products. Nothing with milk in it. No more picking up something at random at the grocery because it looks good without reading the ingredients. And the most disheartening restriction... no more beloved hot pepper cheese cubes from Tillie's. womp womp wommmmp. So, after the appointment and a visit to Gigi's work, we went to Cheesecake Factory for a "last supper" if you will. I buttered the shit out of my bread, ordered a chicken dished topped with mozzarella and a side of mashed potatoes, and ordered a piece of cheesecake for me to eat once we got home. I figured it was already 4pm and I had a cheeseburger for lunch so I might as well start fresh on Saturday. I'll be talking more about this little challenge later on once we know if it's helping. I still have some more reading to do on it, but I think it will be beneficial to both Tucker and me.

Saturday was our fun/relaxing day. We headed about an hour north to go hang out with a group of friends at the campground. We spent the whole day so we could get a feel for what it's like so we are ready for next year when we hopefully have a camper of our own. The amount of crap you have to take when you have an infant when the high is in the 80s but there's also a chance of rain, but you might also go boating, is incredible. We had a lot of fun. Danny enjoyed about a whole case of beer and I had a good time socializing, which I really have only done a few times this month. We headed home way past Tucker's bed time which led to an hour nap on the way home at 7:30 and him not going to bed until 12am then getting up again at 1am. I won't lie, I shed a few tears because mama had been up since 6:15 and was tired. And hungry.
nap time in the cool A/C of the camper

Sunday was better and entirely too productive and busy for a Sunday and went a little like this: up at 7, breakfast, meal and grocery plan, pick green beans, shower, grocery and back, rush to a birthday party. Then with the help of my mom and Danny, I made dinner, cleaned the kitchen up, took a bunch of trash out, prepped some food for the week, froze the green beans, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something else. My mom swept the floors and washed bottles for me. I thanked her with dinner. After she left I made some homemade make up wipes. After I use them, I will share my thoughts and the recipe source.

It was a pretty good weekend and I'm looking forward to a similar one next weekend. Life is getting back to it's "normal" state.


  1. Bless your heart. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't eat dairy!!! How sweet of your mom to sweep and wash bottles. That's one of my favorite parts of my mom coming to visit!

  2. Oh my! I would effin' die if I couldn't eat dairy! Pathetic, I know. But I love me some cheese. Lol. Sounds like a lot of fun at the campground! I can't imagine what its' like to pack enough shit for a child! it's a big enough pain in the ass packing for two dogs. Lol.