Feb 28, 2018

I don't know what I'm doing + What's Up Wednesday

Work is crazy, I have a birthday party to throw this weekend, some days I don't know what day it is, but this feels like a good time to start posting again. Maybe. We'll see haha. It's always good to start on the last Wednesday of the month though so I can recap life a bit?

What we're eating this week...
I've been eating the same thing for breakfast every day for a couple months: 2 eggs sometimes with veggies and cheese, piece of toast. Lunch this week is shrimp taco spaghetti squash. Dinner last night was 21 day fix enchiladas and they were delicious! There are many versions of these I'm sure but I  used this one. Not actively doing a 21 day fix, but I know the recipes are well rounded. Trying to keep the food in check this week since Charlee's birthday party is on Sunday (I can't believe it either) and there will be a Mac & Cheese bar.

What I'm reminiscing about...
This little baby.

I'm having lots of feels about this most likely being the last 1st birthday party I throw.

What I'm loving...
Crossfit! I took a beginner class from November to February and was hooked 2 days in. My arms and abs are so sore I want to cry every time I move since I took 2 weeks off while I was sick but I'm addicted. This was me yesterday. Except I was wearing more clothes.
What we've been up to...
It feels like nothing and everything all at the same time. Danny spent a week at the National Fire Academy last week. The weekend before he and I spent the weekend in Indy with our camping friends. We had so much fun!
What I'm dreading...
At the moment I'm dreading wrangling both kids in the bath tonight with the current state of my upper body. Also dreading having to clean my house before Sunday.


What I'm working on...
The never ending project of trying to get organized. I made the switch from iPhone to Android and am loving Google. I know I could have done this with an iPhone but it just seems easier now haha. I'm joining the 21st century and becoming almost completely paperless. Except for our tax refund. That check can come to my mailbox for at least another year haha.

What I'm excited about...
Danny and I have a trip to Charleston on the calendar for the middle of May. However, after 2 nights away from the kids 2 weeks ago we are thinking about making it a family vacation instead and going camping somewhere. Either way, it will be nice to get away. It's been an interesting winter, or 6 months even, so we could all use a vacation!

What I'm watching/reading...
Still hooked on Fixer Upper. Hulu put all of the seasons, or at least 1, 2 and 3, on recently. Danny and I have been talking about moving for a couple of years and where ever we end up next, I know I want some Chip and JoJo flair too it!

What I'm listening too...
Charlee and I are obsessed with Jessie James Decker's song Flip My Hair. So fun and badass!

What I'm wearing...
I've been loving Old Navy jeans since having Charlee. I have various styles of them and I love them all. Indiana has gotten a preview of spring the last few days so it's almost TOMs season and that makes my heart happy.

What I'm doing this weekend...
Charlee's 1st birthday party! Saturday we will be going to make her gift. Danny and I decided when Tucker turned 1 that for all of our kids we would make them a Build-A-Bear. We are going to take Tucker with us to make Charlee's so that way he can also get some time with us by himself.

What I'm looking forward to next month...
My busy season for work will be over on the 15th! I'm not entirely sure what my days will consist of after that but I'm excited for life to slow down a bit. 

What else is new...
You know that mudroom that we added on 2 years ago and then have taken forever to finish? It's like 90% done now. 
Danny built that laundry shelf for me! Then on the same all as that door we have a shelving system from IKEA. It gave Danny a hard time, but I think even he would admit that it was a good purchase. 

Bonus: Favorite spring break destination...
We are just now entering the school years of this parenting gig, so we have yet to do a spring break. We do love the Orange Beach/Gulf Shores, AL area, so I can see that being our spot! We actually went in October, along with Hurricane Nate!

Okay, now that this has taken me all day, it's time to go home! Maybe I'll be back tomorrow. Who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment