Mar 5, 2018

Charlee's 1st Birthday Party

Somehow my baby girl is turning ONE on Friday. I say this all the time, but I blinked and an entire year has gone by. We celebrated this big event yesterday!


I started off not having a theme and just a color scheme (bright colors, all of them) to match a tutu that Danny's sister bought before Charlee was born. But then as I began purchasing decorations, plates and napkins, it quickly morphed into a polka dot theme. Thanks, Hobby Lobby. It made getting the cake made pretty easy!



For food we did a macaroni and cheese/salad bar. Super duper easy! For the mac and cheese I used the party size platters of Stouffer's mac & cheese. Salad was a couple bags of lettuce and romaine blend. Toppings included: ham cubes, chicken, hot dogs, bacon bits, mini pepperonis, red and green peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, and shredded cheese. We had salsa and 3 kinds of salad dressing sitting out, as well as a bowl of fruit and some pickles (per the request of a friend). All the veggies I was able to chop up Saturday and then the meat toppings were warmed up prior to the party.



It was one of the easier parties I've thrown food wise.

Her cake was equally adorable and delicious!

Charlee got the cupcake and everyone else got the other 2 layers. We did chocolate and then confetti. Funfetti boxed cake is a personal favorite of mine, so my taste buds were pretty pleased with the professionally made funfetti cake.

The girl knew just what to do with the cupcake and went to town. Mostly on the icing like a true kid. I helped her smash the cake part after I took the icing away from her. She loved making a mess of that!



When it came time for presents, she got spoiled! Tons of clothes, just enough toys that she's happy and we don't feel overwhelmed by finding space for them, and plenty of money. Seriously, our kids rake it in every birthday. It's ridiculous. Tucker was also satisfied with the new toys she received too. He kept telling us Charlee told him she wanted to open each one.


For Tucker's first birthday, Danny and I made him a bear at  Build-A-Bear, Roger Theodore Bear, aka Roger T. Bear. Danny named him. We decided then that we would do that for each kid on their first birthday. We took Tucker with us to make Charlee's We were all 3 arguing for at least 10 minutes over what we wanted to make haha. Tucker wanted a My Little Pony (his current obsession), Danny wanted a unicorn and I really wanted a bear. A simple bear lol. We got none of those and got a puppy. Tucker had a lot of fun making his sister's puppy. We also let him pick out a new outfit for Roger since we wouldn't let him make his own animal. Tucker and Roger now have matching Paw Patrol jammies. This stage with Tucker can be so frustrating, but it's also so incredibly sweet.



I would say Charlee had a wonderful birthday party. She had so much fun with all of her family and some friends yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment