Sep 30, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

This is currently my favorite link-up. Its such a nice easy way to catch up on what you've been doing and what everyone else has been up too. It honestly reminds me of how much we've actually been doing sometimes. Yep, we get to busy to realize just how crazy things get.

What we're eating this week...
Danny is Whole30'ing really well. Me? Not so much. A company rep wanted to take us out to lunch Monday and that same night I met a girlfriend I hadn't seen since March for dinner. I did pretty well with that until Shelby mentioned ice cream. And since I didn't have my kid with me, meaning I didn't have to share, I jumped all over that. Yesterday I did really well for being on the road, aside from the breakfast burrito I ordered from McD's with my salad for dinner, just because it was the first time I got to experience all day breakfast at McDonalds.

What I'm reminiscing about...
Not much really. This week I've been thinking a lot about our birthdays. Mine was in August and Danny's is tomorrow. I've gotten him some pretty good gifts in the past (concert tickets, xbox), but I think this year is one of my best. I can't wait to give it to him tomorrow. I cannot believe we're 26 and that this the 8th birthday we've spent together.

What I'm loving...
The fact that fall weather is here. Today there is a high of 70 degrees. Looooove it. Oh, and another thing. I am loving that I can do laundry and not hear it now! The hubs got the washer and dryer moved to the mudroom. The mudroom isn't done, but my bathroom is just a bathroom and I almost forget I'm doing laundry now because I can't hear it!


What we've been up too....
Last weekend we went camping and this weekend we're going camping again. This time its just Danny and me. We're leaving Tuck and Diesel with my mother-in-law and heading south to Brown County, IN. It is GORGEOUS this time of year and I plan to drink equal amounts of wine and water. There is a winery that I love down there and I'm planning on coming home with at least 4 bottles. 


What I'm dreading...
Work is about to get really busy again. Where I'm from was pretty much one gigantic lake the month of June. Flooded corn and soybean fields = shitty crops = lots of claims = lots of phone calls and work.

What I'm working on...
Um, Tucker's baby book still isn't done. And he is very much not a baby anymore.


What I'm excited about...
A weekend away with the hubs. We've had a lot going on lately so a weekend just the two of us is just what we need. I'm also excited to get this mudroom finished minus cabinets because those are expensive and money does not grow on trees.

What I'm watching/reading...
My tv time has been almost non-existent lately. My 20 year old self would be very disappointed in the fact that I didn't watch the Grey's Anatomy premiere until Monday night. Grey's premiere night used to practically be an event. Its hard being an adult. I actually read a couple magazines yesterday. I need to do that more. You know, since I paid for a subscription and all.

What I'm listening too....
I'm loving Carrie Underwood's new song Smoke Break. I totally get the needing a Smoke Break even if I don't smoke, and probably never will. Life gets tough and you just need to escape for a minute or two. Plus, I want to be Carrie when I grow up.
What I'm wearing....
Jeans that are not really work appropriate with a cute shirt. My hair is dirty and in a pony tail. Its hair appointment day!

What I'm doing this weekend...
Camping and drinking wine. I'm excited about the winery in case you couldn't tell!

What I'm looking forward to next month...
Danny and I are running a 5K on the 10th and fire truck rides are at the end of the month. Believe it or not, that's all that's on the calendar so far. So, I'm looking forward to having my life back.

What else is new...
Potty training is upon us. I washed the big boy underwear the other night and during one of our weekends at home in October I may just bite the bullet and try the 3 day method. I'm not looking forward too it, but he's gone in his potty a few times and is starting to get it.

What is my favorite Halloween tradition...
The only tradition we've really had is that we've always done a couples costume, which will hopefully continue into a family costume. One year we went as Crown Royal (purple shirt, gold label that I made with glittery gold paper) and Diet Coke (I just cut a box up for Danny's). The Halloween I was pregnant I went as a housewife and Danny was a milk man to go with the "he belongs to the milkman" joke. Last year Tucker was a monkey, Danny was a banana and I was a zoo keeper. It was cute.

Danny is responsible for coming up with the costumes so we'll see what he comes up with. He'll probably give me about 3 days notice and I'll be scrambling to put it together.

Alright, that's what is going on here. Nothing too exciting, but not boring either!

3 comments:

  1. We are cancelling Halloween this year because my brother is getting married on Halloween and Tim, Oli and I are in the wedding. They are going to have a "pumpkin patch" outside the reception tent thought and the kids will get to go and pick up their halloween pumpkin full of goodies. I want wine soooo bad. Actually I just want alcohol. I have never missed it before but this summer was hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with Whole30. My husband and I completed one earlier this year and it was tough but extremely informative. I also find it funny how quickly I can drink wine, hahaha. Stopping by from the linkup, new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always so busy yet so put together it amazes me! Seriously, quit being such a superwoman! ;) I've been thinking about doing Remington's baby book... but she's 6 months old and that certainly hasn't happened. I hope you enjoyed your wine drinking! Good luck with the potty training!

    ReplyDelete