Mar 30, 2016

What's Up Wednesday

My favorite post of the month is here. What's Up Wednesday with Shay, Mel, and Sheaffer. I love doing this monthly link-up, for more reasons than I'm a terrible blogger when I'm busy.


What we're eating this week....
Aside from way too many Reese's Eggs (the little ones thankfully), I'm working towards a Whole30 again. I'm tired of feeling like a run down busted can of biscuits, so Whole30 it is. There will be breaks for special events and I'm not going to beat myself up over it. It is what it is. But anything will help. Since most of our meals are Whole30/Paleo, the most difficult part is snacking and wine. Oh, the wine! Anyways.. last night I made this Thai Steak & Green Bean Stir Fry. Oh. My. Gosh! We all devoured it. I threw in some red pepper just to get it used and subbed cauliflower rice for actual rice. So, so good! I want to make it again asap. And probably will tomorrow.


What I'm reminiscing about...
I honestly can't think of anything I've been thinking about. That is so unlike me, but I'm just not.

What I'm loving...
I came up with a very refreshing drink a couple of weeks ago. A local red wine + lemon lime seltzer water. Its basically a spritzer. Delicious.


Also loving that we are down to the last few steps of the mudroom. My handy hubby got the flooring done a few weeks ago. I am in LOVE with it. I want it everywhere in the house. Of course, I said that as it was freshly completed and Danny told me I was shit out of luck on that one. 


I got all of the trim painted last week and its ready to be hung. It was a LOT of trim and a LOT of work. But worth it. 


What we've been up too...
Getting back into our "normal" routines. Its taking a lot longer than I expected. I really thought March 15th would get here (end of my busy season) and everything would just magically be okay on March 16th. No. Not how that works. I apparently have forgetting just how often I really did do laundry and cook dinner and workout and sleep and do anything. Danny has only not had a clean uniform twice. Getting sick didn't help anything.

We've been playing at a new park. Our park in town is just kind of "meh" so driving 15 minutes to get to a much better one is totally worth it.


What I'm working on...
No longer working on trim or losing my mind at work. So, I'm moving on to actual projects. I am hosting a bridal shower for my future sister-in-law in less than a month so I'm slowly plugging away at that. I should probably pick up the pace.  I've also got materials for something like this for our living room, thanks to this tutorial at A Girl and A Glue Gun.

We have this bare space over our couch that needs some attention. I can't wait to spruce it up.

What I'm excited about...
Next weekend the hubby and I are going to Louisville to see GARTH BROOKS in concert. I'm excited to cross an item off my bucket list and spend a night with Danny. I've been so busy lately and he's about to get busy so the trip is needed. Plus a customer of mine told me about a really good restaurant in Louisville so that is something I'm also looking forward too. I will report back.

What I'm watching/reading...
Still reading Big Little Lies. I'm almost done though!

I'm watching Law & Order: SVU and getting caught up on my Chicago shows, Chicago Fire and Chicago P.D. Still on the fence about starting Chicago Med.  A new show came out that I think Danny and I will enjoy and that is The Catch on ABC.

What I'm listening to...
For the next week it will be mostly Garth to get myself pumped up for the concert. I get this from my dad. On the way to concerts, he would always have to listen to the artist. I haven't been listening to much music though. After spending sometimes 5 hours a day in the car by myself 2-3 times a week, I got kind of burnt out.

What I'm wearing...
I'm wearing one of these Portofino Shirts from Express. I got kind of burnt out on wearing them since that was my "meeting uniform" so I haven't worn one since my last meeting 2 weeks ago. In all seriousness though, I loved having a uniform. Do you know how refreshing it was to have one less decision to make every day? I need to find my summer "uniform" now because it was just awesome.

What I'm doing this weekend...
The only thing I really want to do is go watch my niece's play volleyball on Sunday. I don't really care what happens this weekend since next weekend is going to be the BEST!

What I'm looking forward to next month...
Garth, obviously. The bridal shower. I really love throwing parties! And hopefully getting the camper ready and the mudroom done. April is shaping up to be pretty busy and exciting!

What else is new...
Tucker is now in a big boy bed!

Danny sent me the top picture while Tuck and I were out shopping with my mom and future sister-in-law and I showed it to Tuck to get him excited. Because of that picture, he thinks Diesel "opened his bed for him."  And why did Diesel open his bed? So Tucker can "get out."  Its gone much better than I anticipated after that response.

Also... I am now a Beachbody Coach!! I fell in love with PiYo so much that I became a coach. There are other reasons that I became a coach, but PiYo was the biggest. I'm very excited to see where this little journey takes me!

Bonus: What's my best spring cleaning tip...
Have a drink while doing it. Really though.

3 comments:

  1. Such a cutie.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY to your new adventure... you are going to help a lot of people. I am a PiYo lover too! I need to make those shelf ledges. I wonder how it would look broke up by a window...Welcome back to blogging, you have been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between the talk of the wine, your spritzer, and that last pic of a cocktail, I could really use one of those! Ha! Yay for becoming a BB coach! Yay for the mudroom progress too!!

    ReplyDelete